Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan after BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan after BK

Hi everyone,

I'm about 4.5 months out of a Chapter 7 BK, discharged 9/2017. My credit scores are hovering around 620. I was approved for a finger hut ($300), Starcard ($4200), Capital one Platinum ($600), and Capital One quicksilver ($1,000). I am having trouble getting approved for a personal loan to help widen my credit available as I've heard it helps boost your score. I've tried a few credit unions in my area with no luck. I burned NFCU and USAA, so no help there. I did not reaffirm on my car, but have been paying on it and still have it. Is it better to get a new car loan to help my score, or wait a bit and apply for a personal loan again? Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loan after BK

How long has it been since your last line of credit approval? You may need to stop applying and focus on utilizing your current credit.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just approved for quicksilver today, as I was trying to at least get 3 lines of regular credit cards. So just stop everything for a number of months and try again closer to the one year mark for the loan?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might want to consider Self Lender. It's a secured personal loan program for credit building/rebuilding purpose. They don't do any credit check (no HP) and it's a simple 10 minutes or so process to get approved.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.