Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACU keeps reinstating bad item

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MACU keeps reinstating bad item

Hello all!

I’ve done a pretty good job rebuilding my credit since my BK7 in 17’ and I’m all but done besides 2 pesky items that keep coming back almost as soon as they’re deleted.

MACU (Mountain America Credit Union) keeps putting 2 negative items back on my credit report after I have them removed. Each time they do it I drop 85-100 points. I challenge them every time they get added and they’re removed within a week. MACU re adds them the first of the month every month. They’re two accounts that were included in my BK7 and they’re listing the accounts as past due balances instead of a 0 balance.

This has been going on for about 4 months now. What steps should I take to have them removed or changed to 0 balance permanently?
3 REPLIES 3
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: MACU keeps reinstating bad item

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all!

I’ve done a pretty good job rebuilding my credit since my BK7 in 17’ and I’m all but done besides 2 pesky items that keep coming back almost as soon as they’re deleted.

MACU (Mountain America Credit Union) keeps putting 2 negative items back on my credit report after I have them removed. Each time they do it I drop 85-100 points. I challenge them every time they get added and they’re removed within a week. MACU re adds them the first of the month every month. They’re two accounts that were included in my BK7 and they’re listing the accounts as past due balances instead of a 0 balance.

This has been going on for about 4 months now. What steps should I take to have them removed or changed to 0 balance permanently?

When you say "challenge" do you mean that you are disputing through the CRAs or that you are contacting MACU?

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve been challenging through Equifax
Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Contact your lawyer. This a violation of the BK laws and you could be entitled to a $1000 award for their failure to follow the rules. Turn your reports showing this account and they can take it from there. Good Luck 👍

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.