Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOC delayed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MOC delayed

had it today by teleconference however the trustee says they do not have a copy of my drivers liscense...(*^%**!!!) so i now have to wait another month.. Does this delay have an affect on my car payment? i am reafffirming it. considering a payment will be due soon. or any type of possible negatives due to waiting another 30 days.. i'm hoping their is no additional fee for this considering it was an attorney screw up. goodness, how could he make such a small error. thx in advance

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MOC delayed

That sucks! Smiley Sad

Yes the trustee needs to have a copy of your driver's license and SSN. Your attorney dropped the ball on this. They definitely should've told you of this as they prepped you on what to expect at MOC. 

If you are reaffirming your loan keep paying it as you normally would while you go thru this process. I wouldn't stop making payments on that loan if you wish to continue with it.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's weird that the trustee wanted them, during my MOC he only asked if my attorney has verified that my drivers license and SS card match.  He didn't ask to send them to him but the people filing without an attorney had to send the trustee copies of them.

Message 3 of 10
Papa_Bear
Frequent Contributor

I filed Pro Se and the trustee had us text and email him pictures of our license and SS card. We had our MOC continued but the second one was really short.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i do seem to remember my attorney saying something to the trustee along the lines of "i didnt think you needed it for this".. the trustee asked if he could email it then the attorney immediately requested continuation.. sheesh.. gonna have to make sure this guy has these things corrected. I also see on Pacer under the word flag: DebtED and MeansNO...gonna have to get on his @** at this point

Message 5 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sorry this happened but dont miss a payment on the auto loan. Thats all you dont need now. Good Luck!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

unfortunately it looks like my attorney is awol on me. Probably would have been better off  doing this on my on. wont return any calls. when i go to the office he's not in. haven heard from him in weeks even after his error. Can anyone help with this question. I'm gonna need to send this car payment in but i want to call and get the address. Will the bank that the loan is with frown upon this as i tell them i've filed BK and need to send my payment via mail? thx

Message 7 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Just send it in by mail certified returm reciept since online access is probably still locked till DC.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you'll need to mail it in or perhaps they'll let you phone it in. Give them a call and see what they say.

For my Chase lease, they terminated my online access to make payments but they do allow me to give them bank info via phone and so I just call them on the monthly due date and make the payment over the phone.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me with our two cars. Both allow me to make payments over the phone. The Capital One account is automated since they have my information saved. The Chase one I think has required me to speak with a person each time, but it's still a quick process.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.