Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank Offer

tag
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank Offer

I burned them in my BK7 for about a grand.

Received a pre-approved offer and received the fastest decline reply EVER.

I dont think the "SUBMIT" page had fully left my computer screen before the "DECLINED" screen hit.

Dang Merrick Bank...I said I was sorry.

They are a good bank for rebuilding though...can't say a bad thing about them.

Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied in May after receiving a pre-approval in the mail. It was not automatic, I received the same message stating they would let me know. After a week and still not hearing anything, I called and the lady told me I was approved and should be getting something in the mail soon. So you can always call and see what they say. (I was approved for $700 with line doubling to $1400 after 7 payments, no AF)
Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had applied to Credit One, OLLO and Merrick a couple of months ago (with their "preapproved" offers) and got denied right off the bat.  I was like WTH?  So I stepped back and waited.  Tried again, denied.  Frustrated at this point and thought, well, just work on cleaning up your credit reports.  Lo and behold, when I tried ordering my Experian report it wouldn't "pull up" here on the myFICO CR order page.  After several calls to Experian finally figured out my home address was blank on my report.  What?  Got a note from Experian yesterday via email that my dispute was resolved and I checked, home address showing.  Applied for Merrick and was instantly approved with the $700 CL.  WHOOHOOO! I have Merrick and a Self Lender account ($25 per month and it has reported every month). I don't think I want to get another card, or try for one.  I will just sit on this one for a bit.  Use it for groceries or gas and pay it off early every month. 

L

Message 13 of 33
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

So good news. I got the Merrick Bank card and a Credit One. $550 and $400 respectively. And both are unsecured. I was a little surprised. I had thought I would have to go the secured route to start. I had stopped paying my CC bills about 5 to 6 months before I filed so the lates added up. Anyway just waiting for the cards. And off to the races with rebuilding.
Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my Merrick card in the mail yesterday (7/18/19).  Took them just as they said, two weeks, to get it to me. 

$700 initial CL with the "double your CL if you make 7 payments on time in a row".

They did put the $36 annual fee on there, so actually only have $664 credit available.  I set up my payment info this morning and paid that annual fee off this morning so zero balance showing. 

I like it gives you a free FICO 8 report.  AND I did notice that Merrick is already reporting on myFICO!  WOW!  That was fast!  So I have it and Self Lender reporting positively on there.  YAY!

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied about 2 weeks ago and got that message, today I got an alert from Experian saying I have a new credit card with Merrick Bank so guess I’m approved. Lol
Message 16 of 33
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well triple congrats to the three amigos. Hey its a start to a better future for all three of you. Enjoys fellas! And Welcome Hydrant _chaser to the forums!

Message 17 of 33
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Yes, congrats to the three amigos! Merrick is certainly one of the better rebuilder cards. Credit One was one of my first offers after my 2010 BK7, and I app'd & was approved, mistaking the Credit One logo for Capital One (I don't why Cap One doesn't go after them, the Credit One logo is clearly intended to look like Cap One). When the card arrived and I looked closer at those terms - 29.xx% APR with no grace period on purchases to avoid interest and all those fees - I said "No! I refuse to do this to myself!". I called them and told them I refuse to activate the card and to close the account, they were quite rude.

Fortunately Merrick Bank came along shortly after that. And the good thing with a Merrick card with no fees is after you're well into your rebuild it's easy to keep the card active with very minimal spend. I still have my Merrick card, with no fees and $3100 CL why throw it away? It's been at least 3 years that all it's gotten is my Netflix $10.60 monthly sub and that seems to keep them happy.

Message 18 of 33
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Yes, congrats to the three amigos! Merrick is certainly one of the better rebuilder cards. Credit One was one of my first offers after my 2010 BK7, and I app'd & was approved, mistaking the Credit One logo for Capital One (I don't why Cap One doesn't go after them, the Credit One logo is clearly intended to look like Cap One). When the card arrived and I looked closer at those terms - 29.xx% APR with no grace period on purchases to avoid interest and all those fees - I said "No! I refuse to do this to myself!". I called them and told them I refuse to activate the card and to close the account, they were quite rude.

Fortunately Merrick Bank came along shortly after that. And the good thing with a Merrick card with no fees is after you're well into your rebuild it's easy to keep the card active with very minimal spend. I still have my Merrick card, with no fees and $3100 CL why throw it away? It's been at least 3 years that all it's gotten is my Netflix $10.60 monthly sub and that seems to keep them happy.

@DaveInAZ  I generally read the CC agreements but I must have missed the part that you caught.  That CreditOne charges interest at the charge date.   Considering I also have the Merrick Bank card, I'm going to cancel my CreditOne Card as well.  Both are still in the mail.  You said that CreditOne was rude.  How difficult were they and did you have to pay anything?  I see in the "Agreement" that as long the card has not been activated you can reject it and cancel, without paying anything.  So it looks like technically you can cancel without paying a dime.  Did that actually happen?    

Message 19 of 33
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

@DaveInAZ  How difficult was it with Credit One?  I just reread the agreement.  Looks like I overlooked what you caught.  It says that one can cancel before activating and not pay anything.  Both the Credit One and the Merrick Bank are still in the mail so I'm going to cancel the Credit One as soon as I get it.  

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.