Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank Offer

tag
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

Merrick Bank Offer

I got the offer others have gotten in the mail from Merrick Bank. The Double Your Line offer.  I applied since I've applied to others and been denied.  I pretty much screwed everyone in my Ch7 BK.  

Question right after I applied online I got an email from them saying they would let me know by "mail" if I was approved.  Does this technically mean they are giving me a second look as opposed to being "instantly approved"?  Or does Merrick not "instantly approve" anyone so this is just the way they are?  I was surprised they said they would let me know by mail as opposed to by email.

For those that have applied what was the typical waiting period for a any decision?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Merrick Bank Offer

@nomadic_traveler wrote:

I got the offer others have gotten in the mail from Merrick Bank. The Double Your Line offer.  I applied since I've applied to others and been denied.  I pretty much screwed everyone in my Ch7 BK.  

Question right after I applied online I got an email from them saying they would let me know by "mail" if I was approved.  Does this technically mean they are giving me a second look as opposed to being "instantly approved"?  Or does Merrick not "instantly approve" anyone so this is just the way they are?  I was surprised they said they would let me know by mail as opposed to by email.

For those that have applied what was the typical waiting period for a any decision?

I applied for the same thing and I got an email that my app was submitted. It took them about a month to send me a postal mail saying that I have been approved and the card is on the way in 5 to 7 business days. I practically gave up on them because I expected and instant approval or denial.

Message 2 of 33
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

Ok good to know.  I guess I should forget about them then.  

Thanks!  

Message 3 of 33
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@nomadic_traveler wrote:

Thanks!  

@nomadic_traveler , that was only one person's experience. I wouldnt base my decision off just that. Ive never had Merrick, so Im sorry I can be more of help, hopefully more  folks come on and post. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 33
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

Ha.  Very true.  WIll be interested to see what others say.   Smiley Happy 

@pizza1 wrote:

@nomadic_traveler wrote:

Thanks!  

@nomadic_traveler , that was only one person's experience. I wouldnt base my decision off just that. Ive never had Merrick, so Im sorry I can be more of help, hopefully more  folks come b  and post. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 33
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

True.  But even writing them off just means I'm not activally waiting for it haha.  But will still be interested to see what others say. Smiley Happy 

Message 6 of 33
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

In May, I think it was,  I received an offer in the mail for the $700 Double Your Line Visa, no AF or set-up fees.  I had read on here after the CL doubles at seven months that you get automatic CLIs of at least a few hundred dollars every two or three months.  So I went online and typed in my offer code.  I think I was instantly approved.  If not, it was pretty quick by email.  I was told it would be a week to two weeks before I received the card. What was fantastic was the day after I was approved it appeared on all three credit reports and  my FICO score went up by quite a few points.    I didn't receive the card until about seven or eight days later.  That was the great part about the card compared to my Cap One cards, which both took almost two months to report.

A couple of months before I pre-qualified for $500, with AF.  So I didn't apply.  Then after a new CC hit and my new car loan showed up on my CR, I went on there just to see where I stood, and it had no offers for me.  So I was surprised to see the offer come in the mail a month later.  

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 7 of 33
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Merrick is a solid bank for rebuilding.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 33
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

There is rarely a complaint about Merrick on here. In fact I dont recall any bash against them. If it was Credit One and First Premiere then thats a whole different story.

Message 9 of 33
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

Well I screwed all the major banks.  So my options are limited.  I did apply for a Cap One since I read here they tend approve even if they were IIB.  No approval there.  I had only screwed them for around $3k so it was not a large amount which is why I thought there might be a possibilty.  Considering I had not applied for credit in a few years my hard check history was pretty clean.  But now I have a few checks so ofcourse I want to limit that.  Merrick ofcourse already hit my report with there check.  It hit as soon as I hit "Submit".  I got alerts from the various places saying someone checked my credit.  This probably answers my questions about if they do instant approval.  If my credit had been better I'm thinking it would have been instant approval.  So fingers crossed that I'll be approved.  If not I'm thinking I'll wait a bit before hiting my report with another check.  

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.