Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Management Calling?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland Credit Management Calling?

Hi all! Quick question for anyone who may be experienced with something similar. I filed Ch 7 in 2016, discharged in 2017. The last few days I’ve been getting phone calls from unknown numbers (I don’t usually answer these).. I looked them up and they belong to Midland Credit Management. I see from Google they are a pretty notorious junk debt buyer.

My question: I don’t have anything negative showing on my credit report (aside from the BK), and nothing is shown as being in collections. Should I ignore them unless something shows up on my credit report, or be proactive and send them my case info? They aren’t leaving any voicemails so I’m not even sure which account(s) they may be trying to collect on. I’m anxious they’ll report something and torpedo my rebuild, which I just started earlier this year too.

Thanks for any advice! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Credit Management Calling?

IMO it couldn't hurt to speak to them. If they reference something you IIB, that's a pretty cut & dry case to get them to bugger off. If they have any other reason for calling, you can play dumb and do some research after you hang up. Just don't admit or agree to anything while on the recorded line!!

Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Hello? This is Midland. Hi could you send me a letter claiming this debt and whats your address and I'll mail my DC papers to you and inform my lawyer your trying to collect on a debt after BK once I recieve your letter. Anything else I can help you with? Oh. Maybe where to send my lawyer my $1000 fine check for trying to collect a debt after BK. Thank You Goodbye.

Message 3 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Hello? This is Midland. Hi could you send me a letter claiming this debt and whats your address and I'll mail my DC papers to you and inform my lawyer your trying to collect on a debt after BK once I recieve your letter. Anything else I can help you with? Oh. Maybe where to send my lawyer my $1000 fine check for trying to collect a debt after BK. Thank You Goodbye.

Yep...THIS EXACTLY!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.