Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Reaging After BK7...

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

Midland Reaging After BK7...

hey guys,

i found out late last night that "midland" was added on my USAA EX, and taking 70 of my points to 581.

things i like to no please....

1. can i just fax them a copy of my discharged notice,(is it safe),  and hope they'll update.

2. i used an attorney when i filed my bk7.......

Can i go back to my attorney and ask him to write a letter on my behalf, and if he does, would he charge me since he represented me.

3. i only have a discharged paper in my possession, is there more i should be having?

4. i didnt get anything from my attorney ( other than hes fee).

5. How does this affect my existing credit limit on my cards., could i c a decrease coming soon? (my highest limit is 1500, 6month old

anyway guys, ahhhhh....help

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Re: Midland Reaging After BK7...

Bk510, you've been given some excellent advice on this in your other post. Midland is wrong. Send them a letter saying they are illegally reporting after BK, send it CMRR. And CALL them. Again, they are wrong, you need to have this corrected today.

Or, call your BK attorney.
Message 2 of 24
bk510
Valued Contributor

@pennies,

ok pennies, thanks .....

i dont know y i feel so scared....but will do.

thanks

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 3 of 24
Scupra
Super Contributor

So weird that you posted this. I just got an alert that Midland had starting reporting a collection on my report for an account that was iibk!!! I called them the second I got the alert and rep told me "we know we made a mistake, please give us three days to update" I was sooooo mad and didn't even have a chance to tell him why I was upset before he started apologizing. So irritating!!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 24
starry1
Valued Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

So weird that you posted this. I just got an alert that Midland had starting reporting a collection on my report for an account that was iibk!!! I called them the second I got the alert and rep told me "we know we made a mistake, please give us three days to update" I was sooooo mad and didn't even have a chance to tell him why I was upset before he started apologizing. So irritating!!

The nerve of him. It was their mistake, the least he could do is let you holler at him.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 5 of 24
Scupra
Super Contributor

@starry1 wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

The nerve of him. It was their mistake, the least he could do is let you holler at him.

Right??? lol better be fixed asap

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 24
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Scupra, i think that makes you myfico member 5 that's had the same post-BK Midland problem this week, unless I've missed a few posts. I am a victim as well.
I first saw the collections on USAA monitoring Monday night. I was on the phone first thing Tuesday, then pretty much all day. I just started getting alerts about this today! It showed up on EX first, EQ Wednesday, TU as usual is lagging behind. Hopefully TU will get the delete order before they report it.
Message 7 of 24
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Countingpennies wrote:
Scupra, i think that makes you myfico member 5 that's had the same post-BK Midland problem this week, unless I've missed a few posts. I am a victim as well.
I first saw the collections on USAA monitoring Monday night. I was on the phone first thing Tuesday, then pretty much all day. I just started getting alerts about this today! It showed up on EX first, EQ Wednesday, TU as usual is lagging behind. Hopefully TU will get the delete order before they report it.

What did they tell you on the phone? Wow, makes me feel like they are hunting for ignorant people that wouldnt notice!

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 8 of 24
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Couldn't get anyone to talk to me, kept transferring me to somewhere that no one answers. I kept calling. Then I found two fax numbers and faxed a letter to both numbers, several times. Then, I took the same letter to the PO. When I came home late afternoon, I called again. This time, as soon as I gave my info I was asked to hold and someone else immediately picked up, apologized and said the accounts (2) would be removed, but it might take a few days to show on the reports. I asked if this was done electronically and would it be done today (Tues.) He said yes.

I wondered if my fax deluge caught up with my file, now I'm thinking somebody hit the wrong 'send these accounts to the CRAs' button, and they realized a big mistake somewhere, probably after being flooded with similar calls.
Message 9 of 24
bk510
Valued Contributor

@pennies,

hey pennies, thanks for your advice as well as every1  who have responded...

yes i took a visit to my bk attorney and she provided me with all the BK papers and she also had a copy of my discharge paper as well.

and i sent them certified mail today.  Included in the mail was...

1. small opening statement regarding the collection acct

2. i included all the bk papers and my discharge paper.

i hope midland dont give me no run around and update this.

again thanks pennies and every else.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.