Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Military Star Reportong As “Paid” When IIB

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Military Star Reportong As “Paid” When IIB

My Military Star account was included in Bankruptcy Chapter 7 and has been discharged but for some reason is reported as “Paid in full” on my credit report. Any reason this could be?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Military Star Reportong As “Paid” When IIB

You've seen some of my posts that after DC it can take up to 30-60 days for everything to update. Its only been 5 days since your DC. Let it ride out and do its thing. There will be more file updates and such in the coming weeks. After 30 days check again. It has to say IIB and 0 balance.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I’ve been having ongoing issues with Military Star throughout the Bankruptcy. Like them constantly bugging my attorney to get me to reaffirm and marking my account that I was current on as a charge off when in fact it was IIB.
They didn’t even zero the balance out on the credit report until after my discharge.
Message 3 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You had a thread that you were DC'ed. Its done. Tell your lawyer they are not reporting accurately. Everything included has to say IIB and 0 balance. They have to report correctly or its $1000 fine. You could file a dispute with the CRA thats reporting uncorrect info. Then MS will have to have the file updated to IIB.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did dispute the charge off remark earlier and TU made them change it to IIB.
Message 5 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well then do the same with EQ/TU or whoever is not stating IIB. Which one is the reason you started the thread for? Dispute it.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started the thread for them marking it as “Paid” instead of IIB. Granted that only benefits me but I was trying to see why they might designate it that way.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.