Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money market acct denied with NFCU

tag
1prettyorchid
Contributor

Money market acct denied with NFCU

I opened a checking and savings account with NFCU a month after I filed bankruptcy. Everything was fine. However, I tried to open a money markey savings a month later and it was denied due to bankruptcy. I don't understand this. Both times I completed the application online. A rep said to try back after my dc. Im just curious why this happened being that this is my own money...and not a loan.  

4/29/21 After BK
EX 578 EQ 573 TU 477

8/15/21 EX 640 EQ 637 TU 614

Capital One QS1 $4000

Navy Federal secured $300

Discover $1800
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Money market acct denied with NFCU

@1prettyorchid wrote:

I opened a checking and savings account with NFCU a month after I filed bankruptcy. Everything was fine. However, I tried to open a money markey savings a month later and it was denied due to bankruptcy. I don't understand this. Both times I completed the application online. A rep said to try back after my dc. Im just curious why this happened being that this is my own money...and not a loan.  

I'm assuming since you opened new accounts with NFCU that they weren't IIB?  It is weird that they won't allow for a new Money Market Savings, especially since you've already filed.  DC status shouldn't matter since bankruptcy is a snapshot in time of when you filed.  Did you file a CH7 or CH13?

FS21

Message 2 of 6
1prettyorchid
Contributor

No they weren't included. And I filed a Chapter 7. 

4/29/21 After BK
EX 578 EQ 573 TU 477

Capital One QS1 $4000

Discover $1800
Message 3 of 6
rebuilding88
New Contributor

This is what NFCU tld me when i went to open a new checking acount.  I called before my chp7 was discharged, the rep told me i would have to wait till discharged, i said i didnt included them in my backrupcy.  It didn't matter because it showed pending but as soon as it was discharged i was good to go.  

Message 4 of 6
1prettyorchid
Contributor

Whew thanks!

4/29/21 After BK
EX 578 EQ 573 TU 477

Capital One QS1 $4000

Discover $1800
Message 5 of 6
kr43002
Frequent Contributor

i was allowed to open a savings account, but when I went for a checking account i was told i had to wait. After i was discharged i sent a message through the app with the discharge notice and they cleared the restrictions
BK CH7 1/21 DC 5/21
1+ Year Post BK
Credit Limit: 6000
EDC: QuickSilver 1 1.5% $39 AF
Oldest Account: Tire Card $500 0% APR 6 Months After purchase. 2018. (Survived Bankruptcy)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.