Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Reaffirmation Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Reaffirmation Question

Hey all! I know this is ultimately a question for my BK attorney (and I have a call scheduled with him tomorrow morning), but I was curious if anyone else has experienced this or had any thoughts. Here’s the situation:

My home mortgage is with US Bank. Had my house appraised last year and have about $40k in positive equity. My intention is to keep the mortgage for at least the next 4 years and I have no late or missed payments on it. Based on all that, I was planning to try to reaffirm it. I called US Bank today to find out when my mortgage would start reporting to the Bureaus again and was informed that regardless of reaffirming, their policy is to never report the mortgage or payments again. Since that seemed like the only worthwhile reason to reaffirm the mortgage to begin with, I’m wondering if there’s any other reason I should reaffirm it. Does anyone else have any experience with this?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mortgage Reaffirmation Question

You might want to read through this thread:

https://www.bkforum.com/forum/before-the-discharge/chapter-7/64385-why-reaffirming-a-mortgage-is-a-v...

and discuss with your attny.

Des.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.