Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage not reporting as reaffirmed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage not reporting as reaffirmed

Hi all! While reviewing the hubby and I's annual credit reports I found that of the 3 TU is not showing our mortgage as reaffirmed.  It's showing as IIB and there is no payments reporting at all.  EQ and EX are showing the mortgage as paying as agreed and reporting our payments every month.  

Is this a TU dispute or a lender dispute to furnish TU with the proper information?

Also our TU scores are about 80 points lower then EQ & EX (the scores are Fico 8 that I just got yesterday from CCT) - would this have anything to do with the mortgage not reporting properly????  As a side note our BK discharge was 1/21/16 and yes I waited way too long to start this process, but I was depressed and frustrated. No more - now I just want to move up the ladder as best I can.

Thanks so much!! I dont know what I would have done without all the great advice and answers I have found here. 

7 REPLIES 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgage not reporting as reaffirmed

Surprisingly this is a common issue with reaffirmed debt. I would contact the lender (not a dispute) and ask if they can update reporting to TU. If they push you off to TU then you can look at a dispute.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response. I ended up calling the lender and spoke to them about it.  They were very nice and after a short hold came back on the line to tell me that they report the same information every month to all three agency's.  They suggested I contact TU about correcting the issue and advised if I was still having problems to call them back.  They are also mailing me a copy or the reaffirmation agreement today as it appears my lawyer never actually gave me a copy after I signed it. So I plan on preparing my TU dispute letter including that and one other item that is wrong and as soon as I get it mailing it off.  Hoping for the best. 

Message 3 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your response. I ended up calling the lender and spoke to them about it.  They were very nice and after a short hold came back on the line to tell me that they report the same information every month to all three agency's.  They suggested I contact TU about correcting the issue and advised if I was still having problems to call them back.  They are also mailing me a copy or the reaffirmation agreement today as it appears my lawyer never actually gave me a copy after I signed it. So I plan on preparing my TU dispute letter including that and one other item that is wrong and as soon as I get it mailing it off.  Hoping for the best. 

I would try an online dispute first. Snail mail is when you want to track time and possibly have something removed Smiley Happy This should be something you can handle with a quick online dispute

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will have to check that out. The other thing I want to have them fix is that a credit card listed as charged off was actually included in the BK and TU is the only one showing it as a charge off. I thought maybe I would need to send documentation for that too.

Message 5 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I will have to check that out. The other thing I want to have them fix is that a credit card listed as charged off was actually included in the BK and TU is the only one showing it as a charge off. I thought maybe I would need to send documentation for that too.

Was the account charged off prior to you filing BK?

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what it says on TU, but why would EQ & EX have it listed as IIB if that was the case.  We didn't know it was charged off so the lawyer just added it to the list of creditors. Actually on my hubbys EX report its listed in the comments as charge off Sept 2015 & IIB Oct 15, then the status is listed as discharged through CH7.  It would be so much easier if they all followed one format.... but where would the fun in that be.... 

Message 7 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats what it says on TU, but why would EQ & EX have it listed as IIB if that was the case.  We didn't know it was charged off so the lawyer just added it to the list of creditors. Actually on my hubbys EX report its listed in the comments as charge off Sept 2015 & IIB Oct 15, then the status is listed as discharged through CH7.  It would be so much easier if they all followed one format.... but where would the fun in that be.... 

Oh how much easier it would be if all reports were the same! If the account was truly "charged off" prior to filing they don't have to update it as IIBK. Do you happen to have an EQ report from before filing you can reference?

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.