Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 2 Year Post BK 7 Rebuild

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 2 Year Post BK 7 Rebuild

June 28th officially marks 2 years since my BK7 was discharged.  While it was a difficult ride at first, this forum supplied plenty of support and resources that helped me achieve the scores I have today.  Although my goal was to have 700 across the board, I am grateful that through patience and hard work I was able to have one score above 700 with the two others close behind. 

Although I tried following most of the advice this forum offered, I found myself tempted at times to apply for cards that I knew I couldn't and would'nt get.  This was the biggest mistake I made through my rebuild, applying for things I didnt get approved for and then subsequently being hit with a credit inquiry.

As of today I was able to acheive the following accounts and in the order I received them.

NFCU Secured Card:  $500. Unsecured to a Go Rewards Card:  $2000

Quicksilver:  $2000 (Combined two accounts @ $1000 a piece)

Discover IT:  $3600 (Started @$1800)

PenFed Truck Loan:  $42,000 @ 5%

NFCU Cash Rewards $3000 (Started @ $1000)

NFCU CLC:  $10,000 (Started @ $4500)

2nd Discover IT:  $13,000 (Started @ $12,000)

Capital One Spark:  $1000

Overstock:  $1250

Needless to say I still have more room to improve.  My utilization sets at 3% and I have done my best to practice the AZERO method to maximize my scores.  It has worked, as I will close on a home in mid July with a middle mortgage score of 680.  When I started my journey back from my Bk, all my scores were mid 500's, below is what I have as of today.  For those still in the middle of your rebuild, stay focused, stay patient, and before you know it the credit doors will start opening...

myfico.png

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My 2 Year Post BK 7 Rebuild

Congrats on all the hard work post  2 yr BK7.  You are on the right track!

Message 2 of 12
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Your next NFCU card could be a monster!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing job, and thanks for the encouragement.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nice job. You should be proud of yourself. Let them puppies grow and hold off now till the inq's fall off and you should be in the 700's across the board!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Congrats!

Your next NFCU card could be a monster!

I sure hope so.  I want to combine the two cards I have now into a $5000 CR card, then apply for a second card, just unsure what card I should apply for.

Message 6 of 12
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your rebuild! That is fantastic work!

Keep on doing what you're doing!

Guyatthebeach

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the kudos.  

Something else that I forget to mention, my Experian score jumped 25 points last week to give me a Fico 8 score of 719.  I know Discover uses Experian so I am positive that was the main reason for the large CLI.  However, what I dont know is why my score jumped up so high, but I won't complain...

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the kudos.  

Something else that I forget to mention, my Experian score jumped 25 points last week to give me a Fico 8 score of 719.  I know Discover uses Experian so I am positive that was the main reason for the large CLI.  However, what I dont know is why my score jumped up so high, but I won't complain...

Sorry everyone, that was meant for a different post....

Message 9 of 12
Hargetthome
Established Member

Congratulations..... I have a couple of questions for you..... How long after your BK did you apply for a truck loan? Also did you have a vehicle that you turned in during your BK process?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.