cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Amex Survived BK7?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

My Amex Survived BK7?

I have had my Amex Green and SPG since 2012. Havent used them much at all in the last year or so, only payments I have had to send was the annual fees back in Jan. I stopped paying all other debts around that same time. Amex dropped the spending limits to 1000 and 1500 when my scores tanked. I filed for BK7 in June, had my 341 on 7/13/18.... Both Amex cards are still working, I pay them off twice a month (each pay check).

Should I expect Amex to close them, or do you think they will survive? Sure would be great to keep them after discharge in Sept....

ETA: Amex was not IIB as they had 0 balance at time of filing.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Survived BK7?

Wow! Never heard of this before. Please keep us posted, I’m definitely interested in the out come. 

Got some pruning to do... No more new cards!
Message 2 of 5
Valued Member

Re: My Amex Survived BK7?

I kept mine too! Same story almost, Discharged 06/15/18 , used the card right after discharge , to make sure it worked , they lowered my limit in a email next day saying they lowered my limit to 1000.  Then they called me on the same day , and said if I make an payment of 300 bucks before Aug they would raise my limit back to 3000, I was like yeah right they want me to pay it off so they can close it lol. So i paid the money the next day and with in 3 days my limit was back! I used it last night so far so go, and its reporting good on my cr. So good luck with your rebuilding! I hasnt help mine yet , my reports are a mess and disputing everything almost lol

Discharge 06/15/2018
EQ-598
TU579
EXP-579

NOW : EQ- 671, TU 653, EXP 669
Message 3 of 5
Regular Contributor

Well, another billing cycle has gone by, and its still active...

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
Message 4 of 5
Regular Contributor

Well, my BK7 was discharged in September. Both Amex cards are still open and working. I fact, I just upgraded my Green to a Gold yesterday. I haven't received the gold card yet, but it has updated on my online account. 

So yes, it is possible to keep Amex cards through a Bankruptcy, and even upgrade them 5 months after discharge. 

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.