Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My BK7 Journey

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: My BK7 Journey

@pizza1 wrote:
Az....Im so glad things are working out for you with your wife,j ob, and now the BK behind you. Time to move forward, and you already know what to do from here, so no coaching needed. Smiley Happy

Thanks Pizza! 

I just called the wife over to look at a rate that Cap 1 is offering. This is insane for a week after discharge. Granted the APR's are jumping between this and 9.88% but I'm intrigued. I remember 10 years ago I couldnt get 4.88% without a BK on file. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 8.39.20 PM.png

Message 41 of 53
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the discharge and pre-approval with Cap1. I used them for my purchase a week after DC. It was amazingly easy and I was impressed with the rate considering the BK.

Most importantly, I'm happy to hear that your wife is doing well and you and DW have made it through these difficult times.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 42 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@azguy13 congrats on the rate from Cap1...nice!!

I really had a chuckle...I am in Portland and was looking at that same model last weekin Gresham...lol! Ended up trading my hybrid for a Honda (I know, borng....zzzz) but did the deal with Advantis CU.

If you're here in Oregon, I'll send you some details about them...totally awesome! Actually, BEYOND awesome!

Hope you and your DW have a good 4th!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 43 of 53
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@medicgrrl wrote:
Congrats on the discharge and pre-approval with Cap1. I used them for my purchase a week after DC. It was amazingly easy and I was impressed with the rate considering the BK.

Most importantly, I'm happy to hear that your wife is doing well and you and DW have made it through these difficult times.

Thank you so much. I wasn't really expecting anything positive but I was pleasantly surprised. I was also approved for the Quicksilver One for $3k so that is a start. I will also go back to NFCU, repay them what was discharged, and get back in their good graces. 

DW is doing quite well. She is sitting on the couch next to me sipping her coffee and watching Moana, lol. Everythign seems to be on the incline so this is the perfect time to start rebuilding. 

Message 44 of 53
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@azguy13 congrats on the rate from Cap1...nice!!

I really had a chuckle...I am in Portland and was looking at that same model last weekin Gresham...lol! Ended up trading my hybrid for a Honda (I know, borng....zzzz) but did the deal with Advantis CU.

If you're here in Oregon, I'll send you some details about them...totally awesome! Actually, BEYOND awesome!

Hope you and your DW have a good 4th!

Smiley Very Happy

So I am in Camas now so I will definitely be looking. Unfortunately I don't think I can get around having to pay sales tax because they will hit me hard upon registering it in Washington but I am not opposed to buying in Oregon if I can find a good deal. I need a fuel-efficient vehicle for a roughly 105 mile round trip daily (when I am not at the Vancouver office). 

My main banking institution is DCU but they require 2 years post-discharge before approving any loans so I may have to go with Cap1, unless the dealership can find me a better rate but I doubt it. 

We hope you have a happy 4th as well! We just got our internet hooked up with Frontier and it's blazing fast. I havent had internet since we left our hotel in Vancouver, haha. 

Message 45 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

axguy, you may be in luck!

http://bit.ly/2uEeYzr

I can't even tell you how amazing this small credit union has been. Even if you go with Cap1 to get the car thing underway, I would RUN to open a savings account with Advantis! Once you have reestablished for 6-8 months, then I would see what they might be able to do for you with a car refi or a Platinum Visa. They will want to see a few months of reestablished payment history and that new Cap1 card and an auto loan or another credit card will do the trick. If you decide to go for a product with them, you'll already have aged a savings account with them for a few months. I will be happy to PM you when the time comes and give you some tips that helped me with them.

Here is what they did for me and the timeline. Nothing short of remarkable based on my BK and limited rebuild at the time I started with them.

*July 31, 2016- 8 months post discharge. 2 accounts open. Cap1 $4K and Credit One $600. I applied for an RV loan ($60K), was approved two hours later.

*August 1, 2016 applied to move my auto loan ($29K) to them. Approved within 24 hours 4.49 from the crappy 6.75% I had just gotten at Toyota 2 weeks before. They used the same HP as the RV loan as it was within 30 days.

*January  3, 2017 Applied for Platinum Visa. Approved same day $25K (I was/am stunned!)

*June 2, 2017 Apply for a different RV loan, trading the first one. Preapproved same day for up to $128K at 4.99% (actually used $100K)

*June 12, 2017 Apply for a different auto loan, trading first one, Preapproved next day up to $35K (actually used $20K) Used the same HP as the RV since within 30 days.

I totally get it about DCU but while you're waiting out the 2 year requirement, maybe give Advantis a look.

I hear you about the commute...when I bought that Lexus ct last year I couldn't believe I was buying a hybrid.but I was a believer with the first tank of fuel. I averaged 46 mpg as I did so much in town driving and the fill up was always under $20...it was amazing! I would have done the hybrid again and will I'm sure in the future but wanted to cut my payment back with the new RV payment so I went with the Honda. Let me know what you end up buying!

So glad things are going so well for you guys!!

Smiley LOL

Message 46 of 53
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

axguy, you may be in luck!

http://bit.ly/2uEeYzr

I can't even tell you how amazing this small credit union has been. Even if you go with Cap1 to get the car thing underway, I would RUN to open a savings account with Advantis! Once you have reestablished for 6-8 months, then I would see what they might be able to do for you with a car refi or a Platinum Visa. They will want to see a few months of reestablished payment history and that new Cap1 card and an auto loan or another credit card will do the trick. If you decide to go for a product with them, you'll already have aged a savings account with them for a few months. I will be happy to PM you when the time comes and give you some tips that helped me with them.

Here is what they did for me and the timeline. Nothing short of remarkable based on my BK and limited rebuild at the time I started with them.

*July 31, 2016- 8 months post discharge. 2 accounts open. Cap1 $4K and Credit One $600. I applied for an RV loan ($60K), was approved two hours later.

*August 1, 2016 applied to move my auto loan ($29K) to them. Approved within 24 hours 4.49 from the crappy 6.75% I had just gotten at Toyota 2 weeks before. They used the same HP as the RV loan as it was within 30 days.

*January  3, 2017 Applied for Platinum Visa. Approved same day $25K (I was/am stunned!)

*June 2, 2017 Apply for a different RV loan, trading the first one. Preapproved same day for up to $128K at 4.99% (actually used $100K)

*June 12, 2017 Apply for a different auto loan, trading first one, Preapproved next day up to $35K (actually used $20K) Used the same HP as the RV since within 30 days.

I totally get it about DCU but while you're waiting out the 2 year requirement, maybe give Advantis a look.

I hear you about the commute...when I bought that Lexus ct last year I couldn't believe I was buying a hybrid.but I was a believer with the first tank of fuel. I averaged 46 mpg as I did so much in town driving and the fill up was always under $20...it was amazing! I would have done the hybrid again and will I'm sure in the future but wanted to cut my payment back with the new RV payment so I went with the Honda. Let me know what you end up buying!

So glad things are going so well for you guys!!

Smiley LOL

Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely open an account with them to establish a relationship. Sounds like a heck of a CU. Aside from the amazing limit you got on the platinum, I think my favorite part of that was seeing that they use the same HP if it is within 30 days. 

I'm working out in the Gorge so I take WA SR-14 each day if I am not working in Vancouver. So, I need something that is fuel efficient but will also handle the winter well. I live up on the hill so I am slightly worried about the freezing rain that hits. Luckily, if the wather is too terrible, work doesn't have a problem with me not coming in. But, I want to limit that to extreme cases. 

The 39/45 mpg is a HUGE draw. Plus, I really don't want to spend an obnoxious amount. After the BK I need to re-build all of my investments as well as stash in savings. 

Message 47 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

So happy to see your and your DW progress! 

Message 48 of 53
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

So happy to see your and your DW progress! 

Thank you so much! There are no words to accurately describe both A.) DW's health improving daily and B.) BK7 being discharged. There were many other things I was juggling at the same time that added to the stress but all is well now. I swear I must have gained 20 lbs in the last 7 months, haha. 

Message 49 of 53
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I just received my new Cap1 QS1 in the mail today. I never thought I would be so excited to see a Cap1 card, lol. But, they are treating me VERY well considering I was just discharged. I believe I am about to take them up on a 5.74% used auto loan and the $3k starting balance on the QS1 is pretty generous. 

Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.