Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My BK7 Journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My BK7 Journey

Gotta love it! I totally remember that feeling and Cap 1 was great to me in the beginning as well. The way they gave me a generous SL ($4K) on the Platinum card gave me hope that it would all be okay.

Congrats on the new card and that rate on the auto is pretty darn great too!

Have an amazing week my friend and all the best to the Mrs!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 51 of 53
azguy13
Senior Contributor

So a quick update:

Now that I have started the journey to re-establish myself I have been thinking about a new vehicle. The vehicle I have now is a 2001 with 200,000+ miles on it and it is literally starting to fall apart. As I had mentioned previously, since discharge I have accepted a new position and moved to the State of Washington. Luckily, things up here are cheaper for the most part. This includes vehicle insurance. Anyways, after my left tail light and front left quarterpanel fell off on the interstate (Like I said, literally falling apart), I felt it was time to car shop. After extensively researching vehicles and insurance quotes, I pulled the trigger and applied to Cap1 (as I also previously stated). Well, today I pulled the trigger at 6.48% on a 2014 Mercedes CLA 250. Now before it sounds like I went overboard, I bought this vehicle for less than what I was planning for a hybrid. I did not finance a warranty as I will purchase an extended warranty through USAA when the manufacturer warranty gets close to expiring. Also, in an effort to continue to live a clean credit life, I did not pull any money from Savings for a down payment. I decided to sell something close to me as staying within my budget is more important. 

So, in conclusion, I believe I am set on the rebuilding apps and will just sit back, pay my bills on time, and watch my score rise. I am extremely happy with the rate Cap1 gave me and the luck of finding a nice vehicle within my budget (It cost less than many used Hondas and Fords). 

Message 52 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@azguy13 wrote:

So a quick update:

Now that I have started the journey to re-establish myself I have been thinking about a new vehicle. The vehicle I have now is a 2001 with 200,000+ miles on it and it is literally starting to fall apart. As I had mentioned previously, since discharge I have accepted a new position and moved to the State of Washington. Luckily, things up here are cheaper for the most part. This includes vehicle insurance. Anyways, after my left tail light and front left quarterpanel fell off on the interstate (Like I said, literally falling apart), I felt it was time to car shop. After extensively researching vehicles and insurance quotes, I pulled the trigger and applied to Cap1 (as I also previously stated). Well, today I pulled the trigger at 6.48% on a 2014 Mercedes CLA 250. Now before it sounds like I went overboard, I bought this vehicle for less than what I was planning for a hybrid. I did not finance a warranty as I will purchase an extended warranty through USAA when the manufacturer warranty gets close to expiring. Also, in an effort to continue to live a clean credit life, I did not pull any money from Savings for a down payment. I decided to sell something close to me as staying within my budget is more important. 

So, in conclusion, I believe I am set on the rebuilding apps and will just sit back, pay my bills on time, and watch my score rise. I am extremely happy with the rate Cap1 gave me and the luck of finding a nice vehicle within my budget (It cost less than many used Hondas and Fords). 

Nice job on the car!  I forget (and don't have the patience to read your old posts), did you burn either NFCU or PenFed in your BK?  If not I'd suggest hitting either (or both) up in a few months to see if you can refi - Navy got mine done at 3.79%  Smiley Wink

Message 53 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.