cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Bankruptcy Journey (Updated 03-18-2019)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Bankruptcy Journey (Not Yet Filed)

@Anonymous wrote:
I don’t know if it updates you guys when I edit the post, but I officially filed today (11-16-18), have a case number and the 341 meeting is set for January 8, 2019.

Trust me, it will go fine.  I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found out after receiving my copy of the petition that there’s a few really small typos. I don’t think they’ll be that big of a deal.
Message 22 of 39
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

there's usually some clean up needed before it's comfirmed 

Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

One error I noticed is that they accidentally used my dad’s name for the Wells Fargo student loan because he’s a codebtor. They accidentally listed him as a creditor with Wells Fargo’s address.
Don’t think it’s a huge issue though.
Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filing was added as a public record on my TransUnion Credit Report.
My score has somehow gone up 29 points overnight, which makes zero sense but whatever. Lol.
Also, something interesting, after the BK showed up on my credit report, some creditors blocked access to their websites to show the balance.
Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current Scores: 

TransUnion: 523
Equifax: 520

Experian: 532

It was 432, 456 and 463 before I filed. Somwhow filing shot it up.

Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump for update.
Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too had all these reasons in my head that I should worry.... Even though its been over a year since I incurred any debt.... Im just a worrier! The trustee didn't ask or even care. He asked about ownership of my house and a hand full of questions that were yes or no and he let me go. I was in front of him for about 5 minutes or less. Everyone else was in front of him the same amount of time I was. I think I heard one attorney speak long enough to say theyll get a form the judge was asking for and that was it. There was only one creditor in one case out of them all and they only came to make sure the person had moved out of the rental property they were living in (they had moved only two days prior to the meeting).....It'll be quick and easy. If they do ask something specific youll answer honestly and theyll take your answer as the gospel because truth cant be disproven.
Message 28 of 39
Jms2687
Valued Member

My meeting is the same date, where at in washington will your meeting be. Mine is in Everett Smiley Wink

Pre BK 10/2018
Post BK08/14/2020

Message 29 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in West Bremerton and the meeting is in West Bremerton. It’s about a 5 minute drive.
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.