cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Bankruptcy Journey (Updated 03-18-2019)

tag
Jms2687
Valued Member

Re: My Bankruptcy Journey (Not Yet Filed)

Cool. Mine is not far either, but the weird part I thought was the meeting is at a train station in a conference room. Totally thought it would be in a courthouse. 

Pre BK 10/2018
Post BK08/14/2020

Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought mine would be at municipal court or city hall. It’s at some kind of plaza. The specific building is some Native American tribal building or something along those lines.
Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update (01-08-2019):
We had our 341 meeting today, the trustee asked about ten simple questions and we were in and out in a matter of about 30 seconds.
We should receive our discharge with no problems and have enough exemptions left to exempt our tax return.
Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update (01-08-2019):
We had our 341 meeting today, the trustee asked about ten simple questions and we were in and out in a matter of about 30 seconds.
We should receive our discharge with no problems and have enough exemptions left to exempt our tax return.
No asset case and expected to receive a discharge in about two months.

Update (01-09-2019):
Report of no Distribution filed by the trustee this morning. The creators will get nothing and all my exempt assets will be mine to keep. I even have additional exemptions so my tax return will be mine to keep.
Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update (02-07-2019):
Paid the remainder of the filing fee with my tax return (entered into PACER same day). Yes, I actually get to keep my tax return!
Got Capital One approval before discharge. $300 unsecured card. Probably not the best idea to apply pre-discharge but it is what it is.
Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump for update.
Message 36 of 39
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well congrats on your approval. Little advice. Theres no rush to get credit right away. Now its time to sit back and wait up to 60 days for everything to report and for you to check to see that everything is reported correctly. IIB and 0 balance. Plus some not all get a score increase once the smoke settles due to having 0 debt. Rebuilding is a marathon not a race as they say on the forums. Kinda scarey when people have to get that card NOW right after a MOC and before the DC. Let things play out and let he DC happen. Let the fisrt door close before the you open the next door. Now that you have 1 card. Wait for the DC and then hit up self lender for an installment loan. Or a CU for a rebulider loan. Next card in 4-6 months. For now. Chill the jets. Good Luck.

Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am unsure if my private student loan will be discharged or not but my dad co-signed it so either way I will pay it back as to not screw his credit up.
Either way for that one, I eventually want to get a personal loan and pay the student loan off with the personal loan off just to get it completely out of his name and make it my responsibility.
Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Order of discharge entered in PACER!
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.