cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fico Problem...Please help! Acct IIB now updating.

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: My Fico Problem...Please help! Acct IIB now updating.

Sounds like you've done all the homework, and this one will need the help of the CSR's. I think it's a phantom late, myself, but you never know. The score drop worries me, as phantom lates display but don't hurt scores. (Scores are generated off the full reports from the CRA's, not the versions displayed here.)

Please let us know if CS can help you tomorrow. If not, we might need to go shake a few trees for you.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-09-2009 03:31 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for all your replies. I will call tomorrow and see what I can find out. Only my OPEN accounts or CA accounts can show a missed payment, right? I mean, anything on there from before the BK can't come back now and show late, even if I have recently disputed anything, right? I only have that ONE collection and I have 3 open accounts...2 CC's and 1 car loan. None of those have EVER been late. And there are no other collections.
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haulingthescoreup.....I took your advice and called MYFICO this morning. They show that one of my accounts that was included in my BK in 2006 updated my report in February. Can they do this? What should I do now? They show I had 2 late payments in the past 2 months! Please help!!

Message 13 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

mysti_summer wrote:

Haulingthescoreup.....I took your advice and called MYFICO this morning. They show that one of my accounts that was included in my BK in 2006 updated my report in February. Can they do this? What should I do now? They show I had 2 late payments in the past 2 months! Please help!!

I'm the last person in the world to ask about BK's, but let me try to find someone who would know.

In the meantime, if any other members know how this works, please chime in. I'm sure that they're not allowed to do that; I just don't know what the proper channels are.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to the Bankruptcy forum in hope of getting some more experienced eyes on the thread.

If you don't get any responses there, please pm any of the mods, and we can move it to Rebuilding Your Credit. I'd rather try the BK forum first, though. Good luck!

PS: I also edited your thread title to clarify the problem, now that you know what is going on.
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!! Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, here's what I found out:

"Usually this happens at TU when either the Closed or Paid fields are blank, which then causes the score to date the BK filing from the Reporting date."
If you pull your report from annualcreditreport.com, you can give TU the correct date, so that they can report it in that field.
Message 17 of 27
maxedout
Valued Member

Ah this thread couldn't be any more timely! I am having the same problem with TU. Noticed about a week and a half ago, my score dropped from 670 to 583! The culprit appears to be a tradline that was IIBK but was reported with an updated date of 01/2009. Come to find out this IIBK account was sold to a collection agency on accident (supposedly but I am not buying it...why else do you sell accounts to bk??? TO COLLECT). I have had them "fix" it back to the state it was prior but they have kept the "date updated" as 01/2009.

I have a thread in this forum about the "significance of date updated from TU" but no replies. After a TU pull, I have noticed that the MAJORITY of my IIBK accounts list 2005 "date updated" when in fact the BK was in 2004 .

I am in the process or demanding all CRA's to remove the "date updated" to the date of stay, which was in 3/04.

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry guys....but I'm not sure what date I'm supposed to dispute. On my TU report, I have a "Date Verified" of 2/2009. On MYFICO, I have "Status As OF" date as 2/2009 and the "Date of Last Activity" and "Date Paid Out" both say "Not Reported". I don't have a free credit report form anual credit report...do I need that? I did dispute some lates after my BK that were showing and I think that's why they show date verified as 2/2009, but which item should I make them update???? Thank you!

Message 19 of 27
maxedout
Valued Member

Again, it appears we are having the same problem. I would make them report all dates back to your bankruptcy stay date and nothing past then. I would make sure the remarks say "included in chapter "x" bankruptcy". Balance should read zero.

My tradeline is back to what it was before, except the  "DATE UPDATED" is still showing 01/2009. This didn't have to be a Victoria Secret account is it?

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.