cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fico Problem...Please help! Acct IIB now updating.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Fico Problem...Please help! Acct IIB now updating.

Hi maxedout. No...it wasn't a Victoria Secret. It's a Fifth Third Bank. It was showing a late payment AFTER my BK so I disputed it. Now it is updated with DATE VERIFIED 1/2009 and therefore is now showing as a missed payment 2 months ago because of the 1/2009. I need to dispute the date verified? Thanks for your help Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 27
maxedout
Valued Member

I am not 100% sure but that is what I am doing. I had an old VS IIBK account from 2004 that was bundled and illegally sold to collections even though it had no balance. As a result they updated my "Unrated" status as "collections/Chargoff and changed the date closed and date updated. It tanked my TU score!! Since then, I have had them fix it but they have kept the "date updated" as 01/2009 instead of what I feel should be the stay date of bk, 3/2004.

Ironically, this information was placed on my EXP and EQ reports with NO problems. It is something with how TU reports. I am in the proces of getting all 3 fixed.

BTW..I think TU uses "Date updated". Dispute that. If you have an old copy of a CR, compare them and if this is what tanked our score, like mine, then have them report what was on there previously IF it it was correct. If not then have them fix it all. 

Message Edited by maxedout on 03-09-2009 11:37 PM
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!! Now I'm really stuck. I called TU this morning and they said they don't show a missed payment at all and that the item was included in my BK. So she wouldn't let me dispute it since she doesn't show anything wrong. She said the DATE VERIFIED of 2/2009 doesn't mean anything and won't hurt my score, but it HAS. What do I do? How can I prove that it shows a missed payment on MYFICO in the last 2 months?
Message 23 of 27
maxedout
Valued Member

Isn't all of this asnine? Do you know who you filed bk through on your bk papers? I have been in contact with my lawyer because, much like you, I never had any problems until this account was re-reported. You may be able to get your lawyer to send a letter to the CRA and the OC telling them to "fix" the problem or be liable for potential lawsuit under the FCRA and/or BK laws. This wasn't a problem until it was reported. They put it in...they can fix it.

I am with you as we both are in the same corner. Currently, I am writing all CRA's and enclosing a copy of each respective CRA report showing the "date updated" versus a copy of my notice of BK that shows the file date as well as the stay date. I am going to tell them that these accounts should have NOTHING posted in reference to a date that is beyond the stay date, that includes the DATE UPDATED (Why should a tradeline show a date updated past the BK stay date??).I would have told the lady that since it doesn't matter, then roll it back to the BK stay day for continutity reasons. I have other creditors that have dates that show that. It is affecting your score in some way in the formula because if it is indeed your only "blemish" it appears to be re-weighting your FICO score based on the DATE UPDATED.

BTW...have you attempted to contact 5/3 bankruptcy department and explain to them what happened?

Make copies of all of this, as this will be your "proof" to the lawyer that you attempted to "fix" the problem. Also keep all correspondence. I am sure that there is quite a difference between you attempting ot fix something and then a nice little letter from the lawyer.

Please keep in touch as we both have the same problem. I will let you know where I get as well.

Message Edited by maxedout on 03-10-2009 07:31 AM
Message Edited by maxedout on 03-10-2009 07:32 AM
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you SO much, maxedout! The problem that I see here though is the fact that TU says NOTHING has changed and they don't see anything with the account that shows a date past the BK except when I disputed and they VERIFIED info. So they say it's not wrong. I don't know how to prove that Fifth Third is showing missed pays because MYFICO report doesn't show missed pays on that particular account. I got the information that it was that account from the CSR on the phone at MYFICO. I have many accounts that were IIB that show STATUS AS OF 2/2009 (just like Fifth Third) so it doesn't prove that Fifth Third is the one with reporting late pays. This really sucks Smiley Sad

Message 25 of 27
maxedout
Valued Member

Be perisistent and don't give up! We are BOTH in the same boat here and we will hopefully get this figured out. Something is awry in the way TU is reporting our reports and I STILL think it has to do with the "DATE UPDATED" because none of this was this way when they were consequently reporting a 2007 DATE UPDATED. I personally think this is typical crap by the CO and CRA's and maybe their people are not trained well enough to understand how it works as it relates to your FICO. Also, I find this ironic how that EXP and EQ have NO problems with the way this was re-reported and didn't drop my score ( I still am going to make them fix it there too). Coincindence?? Doubtful. Something is very wrong with our TU scoring. 

Me personally, I am still going to keep in contact with my lawyer. I still believe that if ANY adverse account is reported past the BK stay date, it is direct violation of the law. To ME the DATE UPDATED showing anything past your BK stay date, is indeed, reporting AFTER the BK and again in voliation of the BK law and FCRA.

You may just want to consult with your lawyer and explain the situation and go from there. I have a VERY hard time wanting to let these scumbags ruin our lives. I know you may feel helpless but we do have protection under laws. 

That being said, your best shot may be to do what I said previously. Just make copies of your BK stay and schedules (black out ANYTHING that is NOT pertinent to your complaint and from other creditors) as well as your current TU report and highlight anything that you feel is in error (DATE UPDATED, REMARKS, CLOSED DATE, etc). Send them a letter with physical proof of what the error is. This visual representation is better IMO, than calling and also you have physical proof you did your due diligence if this goes to court.

Message Edited by maxedout on 03-10-2009 09:11 AM
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you maxedout!! All of your replies have made me feel a LITTLE better, but I'm still worried about how to prove to TU exactly which account is showing the late payment. I will keep you updated though and you do the same! Hopefully they will get this fixed!! Smiley Happy
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.