Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experian report shows 5 accounts late after BK

tag
Lexi0000
Valued Member

My experian report shows 5 accounts late after BK

Is this normal? Here are the screenshots. These are 5 accounts that were included in the BK but is it normal that they are flagged as late or negative in July, which is when I filed? I was never late prior to filing. Also my credit went from poor to fair (633) after I believe they all marked these accounts as IIB. I didn't expect that.

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Re: My experian repost shows 5 accounts late after BK

I would have to say that it seems to be normal with Exoerian, but I have noticed a couple on TU and even on EQ.  I  have disputed, and on EQ a few have been corrected.  The only thing I can think of with EX is that there is a wrong code being used somewhere.  It has to be on EX part because every single one of my accounts were showing it.  There were even accounts that had been closed for a couple of years with never a late that popped up not only IIB which they were not, but also that they were late.  All I can say is to dispute them.  I still have all of my statements that I am keeping for awhile that show they were not late.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 2 of 7
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Re: My experian report shows 5 accounts late after BK

I'm sorry, I misread the part about your month of filing.  Filing for bankruptcy is a negative action so yes, if it is an account that is IIB, the negative is probably accurate.  I don't know why I assumed it was a late.  Probably because that's what mine showed even though they were not.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 3 of 7
Lexi0000
Valued Member

Okay, thanks. so the negative "N" must be equivalent to a late then. Experian has them clearly marked as late.

Message 4 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

If it can be of any use my own Experian is sporting 10 of those same listing but ALL 10 were IIB and show Never Late.

Now on TU i have a current open dispute where not only was the IIB not accurately reported but they even listed 1 that was not IIB.

Its important to comb and continue to pour over reports after a BK Discharge to ensure those dogs get their P's & Q's straight & accurate.

Message 5 of 7
ballysdad
Regular Contributor

Where do you see the notation iib on on your report? Thanks

Message 6 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@ballysdad wrote:

Where do you see the notation iib on on your report? Thanks

Under PAY STATUS!

Just a UPDATE: My own DISPUTE RESULTS just arrived. Approximately 3 weeks from doing the dispute. Signed into TU and ACCURATE corrections were made/updated as <included in bankruptcy>. One good/closed card account they listed as IIB incorrectly was completely deleted.

However, i now must do another TU DISPUTE for 2 remaining accounts where the PAY STATUS is still incorrect. I will now have to make a copy of my attorney's final discharge pages showing that they were indeed IIB and get those final 2 brought to the correct status.

Which just goes to show that after a BK it's vital to comb thru your credit reports and ensure DISCHARGED card accounts report accurately which obviously in my case it wasn't.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.