cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rebuild story :)

Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: My rebuild story :)


bunga7 wrote:

You're almost at 700!!!  I've been paying attention, and you're inspiring. Congrats on the Amazon card!


Thank you so much! Hang in there, you will be at 700 soon!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
740 EQ FICO 06/2018
750 TU FICO 06/2018
741 EX FICO 06/2018
$24k NFCU Platinum | $25k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE
Message 21 of 279
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: My rebuild story :)

Just added a Capital One Venture $10,000  Smiley Happy  Instant approval online

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
740 EQ FICO 06/2018
750 TU FICO 06/2018
741 EX FICO 06/2018
$24k NFCU Platinum | $25k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE
Message 22 of 279
Regular Contributor

Re: My rebuild story :)

Congratulations. Did you get a preapproval mailer or prequalification via the Cap One website prior to applying for the VentureOne card?

Chapter 7 Discharge Aug 2013 Starting Score: Oct. 2013 EQ FICO 651
February 2016 EQ FICO 699 Mortgage 716
February 2016 TU FICO 688 Mortgage 738
February 2016 EX FICO 693 Mortgage 742
Cap One QS World MC $11k; Cap One Venture Sign VS $15k; NFCU VS Sign Cash Rwds $16.1k; NFCU Plat VS $11k; Mercury (previously Barclay Rwds MC) $4000; Lowes $17k; Neiman Marcus $5k; Discover $2k; Barclaycard (AU) $24K; Discover (AU) $15.5k New Mortgage January 2016
GOAL 730 FICOs on ALL 3 CRs by OCTOBER 2019
Message 23 of 279
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: My rebuild story :)


CWESTL wrote:

Congratulations. Did you get a preapproval mailer or prequalification via the Cap One website prior to applying for the VentureOne card?


Thank you! No, I had all reports frozen and am opted out. I just applied from the website!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
740 EQ FICO 06/2018
750 TU FICO 06/2018
741 EX FICO 06/2018
$24k NFCU Platinum | $25k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE
Message 24 of 279
Frequent Contributor

Re: My rebuild story :)

woah!  what is this cap 1 venture nonsense!  I don't believe I was consulted prior to this move?  Smiley Wink

 

nice work however - what's the perk to that card that you're not getting elsewhere?  Couldn't wait around and give Discover a shot after the New Year?

 

I can't get my transunion score to move an inch.  I'm so far from 700 it's ridiculous.

Message 25 of 279
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: My rebuild story :)


grassfeeder wrote:

woah!  what is this cap 1 venture nonsense!  I don't believe I was consulted prior to this move?  Smiley Wink

 

nice work however - what's the perk to that card that you're not getting elsewhere?  Couldn't wait around and give Discover a shot after the New Year?

 

I can't get my transunion score to move an inch.  I'm so far from 700 it's ridiculous.


Moving a balance to it to take advantage of the 0% financing until 11/2015 Smiley Happy  I forgot to ask you dangit, haha! I think they are handing out higher limits on the card for the moment. They seem to be advertising the crap out of it!

 

Discover, what can I say.. Not sure when I will try again. For the moment I don't have plans to try again in the near future. I will be in the garden until a minimum of 06/2015, by then all of my IIBK accounts will be gone.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
740 EQ FICO 06/2018
750 TU FICO 06/2018
741 EX FICO 06/2018
$24k NFCU Platinum | $25k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE
Message 26 of 279
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: My rebuild story :)


Scupra wrote:

Moving a balance to it to take advantage of the 0% financing until 11/2015 Smiley Happy  I forgot to ask you dangit, haha! I think they are handing out higher limits on the card for the moment. They seem to be advertising the crap out of it!

 

Discover, what can I say.. Not sure when I will try again. For the moment I don't have plans to try again in the near future. I will be in the garden until a minimum of 06/2015, by then all of my IIBK accounts will be gone.


Before you transfer a balance to Cap One you might consider spending some $$$ on it - if you got the same deal I did you get $100 back in Rewards if you spend $500 within the first 3 months. I charged my property taxes on it & got the $100 rewards in the first month, nice little reward - and the 0% interest is good for purchases as well.

Fico 08: 720/721/719 TU/EX/EQ
Message 27 of 279
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: My rebuild story :)


DaveInAZ wrote:

Scupra wrote:

Moving a balance to it to take advantage of the 0% financing until 11/2015 Smiley Happy  I forgot to ask you dangit, haha! I think they are handing out higher limits on the card for the moment. They seem to be advertising the crap out of it!

 

Discover, what can I say.. Not sure when I will try again. For the moment I don't have plans to try again in the near future. I will be in the garden until a minimum of 06/2015, by then all of my IIBK accounts will be gone.


Before you transfer a balance to Cap One you might consider spending some $$$ on it - if you got the same deal I did you get $100 back in Rewards if you spend $500 within the first 3 months. I charged my property taxes on it & got the $100 rewards in the first month, nice little reward - and the 0% interest is good for purchases as well.

"One-time bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months"

 

Is this the promo you are talking about? Thanks for the heads up Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
740 EQ FICO 06/2018
750 TU FICO 06/2018
741 EX FICO 06/2018
$24k NFCU Platinum | $25k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE
Message 28 of 279
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: My rebuild story :)


Scupra wrote:

Scupra wrote:

Hey everyone! Just wanted to spell out my rebuild to add to the already great rebuild stories after bankruptcy. I filed BK7 07/2012 after beating myself up for years. I had some medical issues that caused me to lose my job and incur a ton of medical debt. I was discharged in 10/2012 and found the "BK7 to 700" thread a little late. Now I have a built up savings account and an emergency fund to protect my financial future, and most of all credit.

 

- 10/2012 Cap1 opened at $500 ----> 04/2013 increased to $2,000 by auto CLI ----> 09/2104 increased to $5,000 by exec office request

- 10/2012 NFCU secured opened at $500 ----> 11/2013 unsecured and CLI to $7,000 ----> 08/2014 CLI to $14,000 by luv button

- 02/2013 NFCU opened at $1,000 ----> 11/2013 increased to $8,500 ----> 08/2014 CLI to $14,000 by luv button

- 07/2013 auto loan 4%

- 12/2013 NFCU $15k NavChek

- 02/2014 Barclay Arrival $3,000 ----> 08/2014 auto CLI to $4,500 I called in to recon limit and was increased to $6,000

 

It's been said many times and I will echo that there is life after bankruptcy and to just stick to the plan and be patient. Thank you to everyone on the boards for helping me get out of a bad situation and into a great one. Good luck everyone! 

 


- 10/2014 Amazon Store Card $2,200


- 10/2014 Amazon opened at $2,200 ---> 01/2015 auto CLI to $2,500 I called into CS and was raised to $5,000

- 11/2014 NFCU cashRewards CLI from $14,000 to $25,000
- 01/2015 Barclay US Airways opened at $5,000

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
740 EQ FICO 06/2018
750 TU FICO 06/2018
741 EX FICO 06/2018
$24k NFCU Platinum | $25k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE
Message 29 of 279
Regular Contributor

Re: My rebuild story :)

Congratulations Scupra!!!! Aside from the BK, have all your baddies and IIBK accounts fallen off of your CR's?

Chapter 7 Discharge Aug 2013 Starting Score: Oct. 2013 EQ FICO 651
February 2016 EQ FICO 699 Mortgage 716
February 2016 TU FICO 688 Mortgage 738
February 2016 EX FICO 693 Mortgage 742
Cap One QS World MC $11k; Cap One Venture Sign VS $15k; NFCU VS Sign Cash Rwds $16.1k; NFCU Plat VS $11k; Mercury (previously Barclay Rwds MC) $4000; Lowes $17k; Neiman Marcus $5k; Discover $2k; Barclaycard (AU) $24K; Discover (AU) $15.5k New Mortgage January 2016
GOAL 730 FICOs on ALL 3 CRs by OCTOBER 2019
Message 30 of 279