Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI Request - Timing

tag
md_rebuild
Regular Contributor

NFCU CLI Request - Timing

Discharged from Bankruptcy in September of 2019.

Re-established my account with NFCU in December (was a member about 15 years prior - account had just gone dormant) and opened up both a checking (which is my primary account), savings, and got a NSecured Card with a $300 limit (PIF each month).   

My NSecured Card unsecured at the end of April with a $2K limit.   Have been pushing anywhere from $500 - $1K a month with the higher limit, always reporting a zero balance (utilizing 3 cards, the only one that reports less than 9% is my Cap1 QS).

Question is when to ask for a CLI?   I've heard of some people asking and recieving as soon as their card graduates, others at the 3 or 6 month mark after graduating.   Do I count my time from when I got the card or from when it graduated?

Current FICO8 scores:  EQ - 653, TU - 621, EX - 620.

Thanks!

BK7: Discharged Sept 2019
2/25/24:

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI Request - Timing

I believe its best to go here on the super mega-thread on all about NFCU for CLI's and 2cd cards. I follow it for when i can get my 1st CLI in 2 more statements:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional... 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.