Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC - Should I recon this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLOC - Should I recon this?

Hello everyone... newbie here. Just a lil background history:

I've been a Navy Federal Credit Union member since 2013 and have a history of direct deposit throughout my membership time to-date. I first filed BK after divorce #1. Changed my mind cause it wasn't worth it (this reports as dismissed). Filed again, joint, with husband #2 for CH13 and 3yrs in... we decided to divorce. At that point the trustee dismissed our case because we didn't want the same attorney (so now this reports as dismissed). The first two dismissed bk's I didn't have debt however... I filed because TX is a community property state and his debts (although it was just in his name) were my debts. So I got the creditor calls and threats he ignored. I, again, filed bankruptcy in August 2015 and discharged November 2015 (no bad history with NFCU ever) to exclude myself from all his debts. All accounts on my reports at the time were PIF and closed. Anywho, after the BK DC, I took about 6-7 months gardening and cleaning my reports (mainly personal information and inquiries that weren't mines). In June 2016, I opened a Self Lender account. This is automatically drafted from my NFCU account every month. In July 2016, I applied for a Capital One Secured Visa and was approved for 49/200. I did invest a little more to this card to bring it to a credit limit of 300. I leave about 9-10% on this card, every month, to report... then a few days later, pay the 9-10% in full. To-date, my limit was raised to 600. In August I enrolled in NFCU's oops program (I do have some of my direct deposit going to my other account at Discover Bank as well). There were only a few times I needed it and it was paid back within days (so my history with oops is great). In November 2016, I opened up a secured loan with NFCU (400 for 6mos) in which I started making payments one (1) month in advance PLUS I use the transfer method when paying my bill (payment history is great). Four days ago, Feb 2, I tried my luck and hit the luv button on applying for a Cash Rewards Visa cc with NFCU. I received the 24 hour message (they ran TU only). Around 2 a.m., I received the approval from NFCU for $19,500 SL. The next day, I applied for a $15k CLOC and received the 24hr message again (they ran EQ first then TU). I hadn't heard back from them so I called. They then told me it was declined for bankruptcy and little account history (i need more accounts with lengthy payment history).

My husband has a USAA card he added me on a few months back as an AU. This brought my AAoA to 1yr 8mos on my reports however this USAA card is ONLY reporting on my EX and TU report not EQ... which is weird. So my EQ shows my AAoA at 5 or 6 months. Also note that my first two BK's are reporting on EQ NOT the current discharged BK. The other reports have a three BK's and are my highest scores at 682 and 691 (mortgage scores via SWBC). EQ is sitting at a mortgage score of 644.

Im wondering why NFCU would run TU and not consider it because the denial was based off my EQ report? Is this something I should recon?

I have no collections and everything on my report, whether open or closed, are all in the green (paid in full and paid on time). My personal history shows the same address i've lived at for almost 7yrs and my business is reporting (since 8/2011). So not only do I pay my bills timely... but im stabile living at the same address and working my business for years.

Sorry for such a long post!

One more question: Im thinking about getting the Flagship card but I just got approved for the cash rewards card. Is it best to wait before applying for the flagship card?
4 REPLIES 4
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU CLOC - Should I recon this?

I think your best chance is to re-apply and ask for maybe $1,000 to 2,000 just to get your foot on the door.

This will cost you another HP, but many people have reported positive results when asking for a lower amount.

BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you TXinandout. I'll go ahead and do so and update you all.
Message 3 of 5
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you TXinandout. I'll go ahead and do so and update you all.

Yes, please let us know how it goes.

BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, another CLOC app within 30 days will generally result in the reuse of the first credit report (s). The loan officer has to manually request a new report, which is unlikely.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.