Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Co-owner

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Co-owner

I am a co-owner on my adult (18yo and 20yo) children's accounts at NFCU. I have been trying to have myself removed as a co-owner before I file, but NFCU seems to be dragging their feet. It has been nearly two weeks since I submitted the required form. My personal checking and savings accounts currently have $0 balances and my credit card is in arrears. I owe them about $18K and my past due payment amount is about $600. Could this be the reason for the hold-up? I know my accounts are dead as soon as I file, but will they tap into my kids' accounts to try to recoup the loss if I am not removed as a co-owner before I file? I have a signing appointment with my attorney later this week. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Co-owner

If you are co-owner...I would say yes, but Id need a few others to come on here and comment as well. I believe one person was in that boat in a "joint" account, with NFCU and filing. Ill see if I can't find that thread....

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.