Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Prequal 3.5. years after IIB

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

NFCU Prequal 3.5. years after IIB

Hi Folks, 

In 2017 NFCU was IIB BK7 and recently I have been considering paying them back to potentially get back in their good graces (it was far less than Chase and Discover). On a whim, I entered my info into their CC Prequal and was Prequalified for every one of their cards. 

I have not paid them back yet and the only explanation for this is perhaps their prequal page does not check into the previous banking relationship? If it purely looks at scores, I get it. But, I have not built up the courage to apply yet. 

Can anyone shed some light on this? I highly doubt that NFCU would actually overlook the IIB.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Prequal 3.5. years after IIB

General consensus here is the NFCU isn't reliable at all

Similar to the BoA prequal page, it's just marketing

Message 2 of 3
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU Prequal 3.5. years after IIB

@azguy13 wrote:

Hi Folks, 

In 2017 NFCU was IIB BK7 and recently I have been considering paying them back to potentially get back in their good graces (it was far less than Chase and Discover). On a whim, I entered my info into their CC Prequal and was Prequalified for every one of their cards. 

I have not paid them back yet and the only explanation for this is perhaps their prequal page does not check into the previous banking relationship? If it purely looks at scores, I get it. But, I have not built up the courage to apply yet. 

Can anyone shed some light on this? I highly doubt that NFCU would actually overlook the IIB.

It's strictly marketing NFCU will not let you back in until it's paid included in BK or not .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.