Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Should I pay before filing.....?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU - Should I pay before filing.....?

Hey Guys !

I have been having thoughts about paying NFCU before or maybe right after I file my Chp 7.... I owe them about $39 on a secured card (they applied my deposit to the rest) and then owe another $450 for a checking account charge off. I am kind of not wanting to lose my relationship with them............ and it's under the amount for preferential payments....... should I pay it or not worry about it ? Will they let me back in after BK if I pay it later ? I just keep reading and hearing about how great they are and I went it with them in a time when I was already struggling......

I know LEGALLY after its discharged then thats it but can I pay it before discharge? or after and should I ?

Thoughts ?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU - Should I pay before filing.....?

If you can pay them back before BK. It will look better to get back in after DC. Dont burn them or it will delay the keys to get back in the door.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm...... gotcha i am thinking maybe I will delay my filing a few weeks to pay them off and reopen a checking/savings for now. I have veridian cu but they are smaller and seem to be less likely to work with me after CH 7. 

Hopefully I can wait about 6 months and get in back with NFCU nRewards (I had the secured that I closed)

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BriB24 - Payoff everything from NFCU before you file.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am thinking I am going to on 10/18/19 pay day, my lawyer just emailed me back and said that would be fine. So gonna catch up my car (Capital One) and pay off NFCU. THEN ill just take whatever is left and pay for my retainer.

I love this place you guys help me figure out all the crap that I drive myself crazy with. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BriB24 - The best is yet to come! 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ! Im anxious but excited for my fresh start, I can't wait to get the ball rolling. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.