Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU nRewards secured card APPROVED with 2 BK's showing

tag
mrs_pretty_brown_eyez_73
Established Member

NFCU nRewards secured card APPROVED with 2 BK's showing

I hadn't been on the forum in a while since I filed my last bankruptcy in August 2018... I was looking for a way to start rebuilding my credit since I'm in a Chapter 13 and I want to buy a house soon... So I starting reading all of the post on here about rebuilding your credit while in bankruptcy... I ran across alot of people saying that NFCU wouldn't touch you while you have a bankruptcy showing... Well I have 2 bankruptcies showing on my credit report( 7 & 13)... I said, what the hell I'm going to unfreeze my credit reports and bite the bullet... Logged into my NFCU account and I deposited the $200 into my savings account... Yes, they have lowered it from $500 to $200 now... I applied for the secured card... Got an email yesterday morning saying I was approved... Went back into my NFCU account to see if it was true and lo and behold it was showing in my accounts tab... I then froze all my credit reports again because I only want 1 card this time... No more BK's for me... Sorry if I seem to be rambling, I'm just super excited!!!
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU secured card APPROVED

Congrats! And, all the best on your rebuild.
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you're trying to say that NFCU approved you for a secured credit card with a 7 showing and an OPEN 13???  This is news to me.  They tightened the belts a year ago and would not approve anyone without a discharged BK and a year time has passed since.  They must be desperate for business.

Message 3 of 30
mrs_pretty_brown_eyez_73
Established Member

Thank you

Message 4 of 30
mrs_pretty_brown_eyez_73
Established Member

Yes, I have a discharged Chapter 7 and an opened Chapter 13 on my credit reports... My approval was a shock to me...

Message 5 of 30
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU nRewards secured card APPROVED with 2 BK's showing

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 30
returnofthemack
New Contributor

I was approved for a secured card in January with a discharged bk 7 in 2012 and a dismissed bk 13 in october 2017

Fell on rough times
Starting: EQ: 519 TQ: 569 EX: 558 5/2022

Capital One Platinum Secured - 1k - Captial One QuickSilver Secured $200 - ONCU Secured $500

In garden til 2024.

Message 7 of 30
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

I was approved 4 a Secured card with a 10 year old BK7 And an active BK 13!

Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrs_pretty_brown_eyez_73 wrote:
I hadn't been on the forum in a while since I filed my last bankruptcy in August 2018... I was looking for a way to start rebuilding my credit since I'm in a Chapter 13 and I want to buy a house soon... So I starting reading all of the post on here about rebuilding your credit while in bankruptcy... I ran across alot of people saying that NFCU wouldn't touch you while you have a bankruptcy showing... Well I have 2 bankruptcies showing on my credit report( 7 & 13)... I said, what the hell I'm going to unfreeze my credit reports and bite the bullet... Logged into my NFCU account and I deposited the $200 into my savings account... Yes, they have lowered it from $500 to $200 now... I applied for the secured card... Got an email yesterday morning saying I was approved... Went back into my NFCU account to see if it was true and lo and behold it was showing in my accounts tab... I then froze all my credit reports again because I only want 1 card this time... No more BK's for me... Sorry if I seem to be rambling, I'm just super excited!!!

Hello PBE,

I was just curious, did you burn NFCU in either one of your bankruptcies? 

Thank you

Message 9 of 30
mrs_pretty_brown_eyez_73
Established Member

Hello AnomalousPrime,
No, I didn't burn them in either one of my bankruptcies... This is my first time having one of their credit cards...
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.