Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU showed me some love!! Discover—not so much

tag
Faith_Hope
Valued Member

NFCU showed me some love!! Discover—not so much

15 months post BK7, and finally got approved with NFCU cash rewards for 10k. I’ve been with them since May 2018 and this was my first application.

My journey initially started with Discover Secured $500 1 month post BK, but my account won’t graduate although I’ve never been late nor do I carry a balance. For this very reason, I decided not to apply for anymore secured cards. I decided to take time to rebuild using my other cards. Not sure why Discover won’t show me love. 😩

Anyways, I tried my luck yesterday with NFCU and they definitely showed the love that Discover wouldn’t. They pulled my Transunion report....Trans FICO is 651. Applied around 6 pm and got the approval email about 2 am. Approval text came about 8 am.

NFCU is definitely amazing and was worth the wait. 🥰🥰

Blessings in 2022
Score Goals: 720
Fico 8 Scores
EQ:687 TU:679 EX:667
BK7 DIS: 12/2017
Current Cards
NFCU | Overstock | Ollo | First Premier | Merrick Bank | Capital One | Target | PayPal Credit | Capital One Walmart | Macy’s Amex |
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU showed me some love!! Discover—not so much

Woo Hoo! Congrats. Things are looking up now. Thats how you do it! Its hard to beat NFCU.

Message 2 of 3
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU showed me some love!! Discover—not so much

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.