Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
chosen4th
Contributor

NFCU

So i am about 14 months post discharge.. I just opened a NFCU checking and savings (SO EXCITED!!!!) I want to re-fi my carmax loan with them, as well as try and open a credit card with them. Does anyone know how soon after discharge they will approve???

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU

From having read this forum and the responses, peoples miles have varied. Some have had luck pre and immediately post-discharge, while others have indicated this has changed, and now they like to see a year elapse before approval. With you being fourteen months post-discharge, I think it would be relative to your specific file. Best of luck, and please let us know if you app and the outcome.

Message 2 of 7
chosen4th
Contributor

So i App'ed for CC.. denied but i already submitted Recon.. Im on vacay now, but when i get home im going to apply to Refi the car

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

These are the guidelines as of April 2018 (if they changed I am unaware):

For loans/CLOC, you must have six months of established credit after bankruptcy. For credit cards, it's one year. You can open a secured card immediately after bankruptcy discharge (discharge must be reflected on your credit report).

A minimum amount of credit would be 3 trade lines (all with 6+ or 12+ months) of post-discharge payment history. Hope that helps!

Source: Former NFCU employee w/10 years history.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chosen4th wrote:

So i App'ed for CC.. denied but i already submitted Recon.. Im on vacay now, but when i get home im going to apply to Refi the car

Would you consider sharing your scores and any other applicable information about your credit profile? This could help others get an idea of where they stand in relation to an approval. Also, what was the reason for the denial?

Message 5 of 7
chosen4th
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chosen4th wrote:

Would you consider sharing your scores and any other applicable information about your credit profile? This could help others get an idea of where they stand in relation to an approval. Also, what was the reason for the denial?

Yes my scores are right at 610.. at like 25% uti, no bads, been discharged since dec 2017.. No reason, said letter would be in the mail

Message 6 of 7
chosen4th
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

These are the guidelines as of April 2018 (if they changed I am unaware):

For loans/CLOC, you must have six months of established credit after bankruptcy. For credit cards, it's one year. You can open a secured card immediately after bankruptcy discharge (discharge must be reflected on your credit report).

A minimum amount of credit would be 3 trade lines (all with 6+ or 12+ months) of post-discharge payment history. Hope that helps!

Source: Former NFCU employee w/10 years history.

How do you go for the CLOC? I dont see an option for it anywhere

**EDIT, I FOUND IT NEVERMIND

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.