Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW IM IN THE GARDEN!!

tag
Velar_nyc19
New Contributor

NOW IM IN THE GARDEN!!

So i was just discharged from CHP 7 last week and already been approved for a Discover secured $500 limit & a Target RedCard $300 Limit, on top of that i was already approved for CAP1 platinum $300 last march along with a CreditOne Rewards CC with a $300 ALSO and both have already been given a CLI of $100 and im just waiting for the credit steps to come in in 2 months, actually CreditOne was given a $150 CLI and i planned to close this before it gets to a year, and on top of that they waived my AF when i call to close.

Whoever said bankrutpcy was the worse, let me tell you it has been a relief and my credit score have even gone up considerably EQ 630 EX 641 TU 616 FICO and this score i just got today from CCT. Thanks so much to all of you for helping and giving advices on how to rebuild since filing day. Now i will garden for 6-12 months until i can get my credit up more points to get a fair auto loan.

Thanks to all again!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NOW IM IN THE GARDEN!!

Message 2 of 7
Velar_nyc19
New Contributor

Thank you. Dont wait so much, now its the time. 

I Included a bunch, from CAP1, fingerhut, verizon, discover, medical bills and a couple more. And yes, i was late in all of them mostly, i stopped paying when i knew i was going to file, maybe 6 months before filing. My scores before filing where in the low 500s and even went lower when i filed.

Message 3 of 7
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Congrats and here's hoping for a great interest rate on a car loan!

Minion Congrats.gif

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Velar_nyc19 - Unfortunetly I have no choice but to wait.  In order for me to file Chapter 7 I have to stop my overtime and my second job to pass Florida's means test.  Trust me, I'd love to file today.  I'm current on all of my bills as of now, but I'm barley staying a float. My lawyer wants me to stop paying my creditors and says I need to show "distress". I say I need to REBUILD after filing... My goal is to get my credit back to over a 700 asap.  I just opened a Navy Federal checking account with $5, I'm going to sit on it until after discharge. I am also going to open a TD Bank account and sit on it.  From reading the forums, they are the best with graduating secured cards... and I have perfect credit with TD Bank (Nordstrom, Target, and Cartier).  I'm going to close those accounts with them a couple of months before filing, that way they say "Closed by consumer" instead of IIB on my reports.

I'm filing in Oct/Nov 2019, that will give me enough time to pay the lawyer and stop working my part time job as well as stop my overtime.

I should be discharged by 1/2020

Then I'll get a secured card with both (TD and Navy). I'm not reaffirming my BMW, so I'll get a (small) car loan (Honda Civic) that I can pay off quick, within (2) yrs, then apply for one more card in 2021

I will still have my student loan ($6K balance) showing that I've never been late on.

AZEO

By 2022, I should be ready to purchase my home!

Message 5 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Velar_nyc19 wrote:

So i was just discharged from CHP 7 last week and already been approved for a Discover secured $500 limit & a Target RedCard $300 Limit, on top of that i was already approved for CAP1 platinum $300 last march along with a CreditOne Rewards CC with a $300 ALSO and both have already been given a CLI of $100 and im just waiting for the credit steps to come in in 2 months, actually CreditOne was given a $150 CLI and i planned to close this before it gets to a year, and on top of that they waived my AF when i call to close.

Whoever said bankrutpcy was the worse, let me tell you it has been a relief and my credit score have even gone up considerably EQ 630 EX 641 TU 616 FICO and this score i just got today from CCT. Thanks so much to all of you for helping and giving advices on how to rebuild since filing day. Now i will garden for 6-12 months until i can get my credit up more points to get a fair auto loan.

Thanks to all again!!

You mean this past march of 2019? If not how did you keep a card after BK? Typo?

Message 6 of 7
Velar_nyc19
New Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Velar_nyc19 wrote:

Thanks to all again!!

You mean this past march of 2019? If not how did you keep a card after BK? Typo?

I filed for bankrutcpy on February and applied for CAP1 on march and was instatly approved, i been reporting just a small amount since then.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.