Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU Secured Card Graduation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy FCU Secured Card Graduation

I've been a member of the FICO community for a very long time. I've been missing in action for several years but I wanted to come back and share my experience with Navy FCU secured credit card.  Dishcarged from Chapter 7 in Sept 2019.  Applied and approved for a secured NFCU nRewards less than a month after discharged.  My initial deposit and credit limit was $1K.  Fastforward 9 statements later and my card was unsecured and credit limit bumped up to $2K. My deposit was returned.   So I said what the heck and requested a CLI the same day as my card was unsecured and they increased my limit to $3K.  

I wanted to share my experience becuase I read the posts in this BK community faithfully throughout my chapter 7.  The comments and questions helped me get through a very difficult time.  Thanks to everyone in this community and hopefully my experience can help someone else. 

8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy FCU Secured Card Graduation

Congratulations on your graduation and CLI!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Double CLI graduation! I've been seeing that more often, and hope to get one when my nRewards graduates! 

Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Cool! Congrats. Great step forward for building a relationship with NFCU!

Message 4 of 9
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the graduation and CLI!! Treat them good and they'll treat you even better.  

Message 5 of 9
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

My card went from $200 secured to $3500 unsecured in less than 8 months!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sports1965  congrats on the graduation! Did it automatically jump to 3500? Or did you request an increase when you graduated? 

Message 7 of 9
EverForward
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your nRewards graduation and CLI.  That's awesme! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sports1965  congrats on the graduation! Did it automatically jump to 3500? Or did you request an increase when you graduated? 

No

$200 secured to $2000

$2000 to $3000

$3000 to $3500

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.