cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed removed my secure card

Highlighted
Contributor

Navy Fed removed my secure card

Good evening all. I haven't been on in a very long time. I applied for and was approved for a navy fed secure card after a fall from credit grace.

I was planning on rebuliding after ruining my credit again. I gained first premier, mission lane, and navy fed secured card. Had navy fed for maybe 2 mo. Ended up filling bankruptcy 10/8/20. 341 meeting scheduled for mid november. Logged on my Navy account and saw that they removed my secure card. My question is can anything be done about it?  Will first premier and mission lane close my account as well? I've always enjoyed this site. It helped me with my rebuild last time. Unfortunately due to some mistakes on my part and some not i'm back looking to rebuild again. Thanks in advance. P.S. i forgot to add first premier, mission lane and navy fed were not included in BK. All had zero balances.

Stash Platinum Visa $20,000, Amex ED $6,000, BBVA NBA AMEX 4,000, BankAmericard Cash rewards $7500, Barclay Ring $2,000 Barclay Cash Forward $1,000, Cap one BuyPower Card $500, Paypal Smart Connect $10,000 Fico 8 Trans 738 Experian 685 Equifax 696
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Fed removed my secure card

Even if these cards were not "included in bankruptcy" all creditors should have access to PACER (and other sources like credit bureaus, etc) to be informed of your BK filing. Most creditors, when receiving this information, close your account. The good news is since you didn't cause NFCU a loss, you should be able to get back in with them...in most cases, as long as your security deposit isn't a large amount, you'll get that back directly from the creditor(s). In some cases, they (the creditor) will be forced to turn it over to the bankruptcy trustee.

You can read on and find how some people have credit cards that have "survived" a BK filing, especially when having a $0 balance at time of filing, but they're still a creditor when you filed.

Nevertheless, best of luck in your rebuild!

PenFed Visa Signature $35000 (Opened 6/20) - NFCU More Rewards AMEX $13000 (Opened 1/19) -Capital One World Elite MC $11200 (Opened 11/17) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Uber Visa $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $33500 (Opened 10/18)
Total CL - $109700

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 6/5/20:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.