Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Assistance Equifax Not Reporting Chapter 7 BK

tag
Humbled82
Established Member

Need Assistance Equifax Not Reporting Chapter 7 BK

Hi

I have been an on / off member for quite some time and recently fell into some hard financial times. I had filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy. I had pulled my credit report recently from MyFico and found out Equifax is not reporting my BK. Below are the details to the BK and I have listed one of the accounts that is part of my BK. Any guidance or knowledge on what I may need to do with fixing my report would be greatly appreciated.

2020 CREDIT REPORTING
 EQUIFAXTRANSUNIONEXPERIAN
Type-Chapter 7 bankruptcy dischargedBankruptcy chapter 7 - discharged
Date Filed-5/20/20145/20/2014
Status---
Date Paid-9/8/2014-
Amount--$0.00
Responsibility-IndividualIndividual
Category-BankruptcyBankruptcy

AMERICAN EXPRESS (CLOSED)
 EQUIFAXTRANSUNIONEXPERIAN
Open Date6/1/20126/1/20126/1/2012
Closed Date-11/1/2013-
Last Updated4/1/20164/1/20165/1/2014
Last Activity7/1/2013--
Payment Status-UnratedDebt included in or dischaged through Bankruptcy Chapter 7, 11, or 12
Worst DeliquencyNone ReportedNone ReportedCharge Off/Other Derog
30 Day Late---
60 Day Late---
90 Day Late--5/1/2014
High Balance$0.00$0.00$6,960.00
CommentsAccount closed by credit grantorChapter 7 bankruptcy-
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Assistance Equifax Not Reporting Chapter 7 BK

Equifax is also not reporting my BK7. Not sure what to do. Like it's not a bad thing, or is it? Leave well enough alone and all that...?

Message 2 of 6
Humbled82
Established Member

Re: Need Assistance Equifax Not Reporting Chapter 7 BK

I am kind of weary on that since EQ is not reporting my BK7 and the accounts that were part of the BK are showing charged off. So I am not sure if those will drop off after my BK term ends.

Message 3 of 6
Humbled82
Established Member

Equifax Is Reporting Duplicate Account

Hi

I recently had pulled my CR and EQ is reporting a Bank of America (credit card) account as a duplicate. As part of the back story I have filed for Bankruptcy CHP7 and been discharged of May 2014. EQ has not reported my BK and this Bank of America (credit card) account is part of BK. Now it is showing as a duplicate in my CR. Any guidance on what I need to do to have this corrected would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Is Reporting Duplicate Account

@Humbled82 

I merged both of your posts together as they are basically concerning the same issue. This will give our members the whole picture of your concerns and will avoid answering the same question numerous times. 
Please see our TOS concerning cross posting. 

Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Equifax Is Reporting Duplicate Account

BK's are reported to the CRA's from third party court records data mining companies. And maybe it didnt go on your report because EQ doesnt know about it. CRA's dont look at court records. But dont think because applying for credit only on EQ will be a 100% approval. Many creditors check Lexis Nexus and I'm sure its there. And on many other CRA's besides the big 3. You can either poke the bear and dispute it to show up after your send in your DC. Or just let it be and life moves on.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.