cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a new checking account

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Need a new checking account

I have used Capital One in the past. I now use Ally Bank. It is solely online banking but you get access to many free atms. They also refund ATM fees up to $10 a month. Direct deposit is seamless and I use my phone to deposit checks when I get them. Also really easy to pay people from my checking account. 0.1% interest on checking balances and 0.6% interest on checking balances above $15K. I have been really happy with the switch.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 11 of 14
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Have you tried a local credit union or another local bank? Maybe Navy Federal?

When I filed chapter 7, I had to join a credit union.

Good luck

Message 12 of 14
Highlighted
New Contributor

Was it your post I saw about joininh NFCU as a civilian by joining the Navy league? I was thinking about doing that because I read they were BK friendly and I could possibly get credit with them after I'm discharged. We did just get a State Farm checking account but now my husband wants to try Iberia bank because of their business accounts. 

Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you. I heard things about Ally as well.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.