cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to move but not sure if I can - HELP!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to move but not sure if I can - HELP!!

Hello everyone,

I want to thank you all in advance for any and all help you can give me.

I recently started a new job that is 70 miles away from where I currently live and the drive is killing me. I have been looking at apartments so I can move closer to my job but my problem is that my ch 7 bk is still active. It has been more than 60 days since my meeting of creditors and I have not received my discharge papers. My problem is that i am not sure if it is ok for me to apply for an apartment before I have been discharged or if I need to wait until I have been discharged. Thanks again!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to move but not sure if I can - HELP!!

You mentioned your Meeting of Creditors was more than 60 days ago.  How much more?  Sometimes it takes the Court a few extra days to issue the Discharge.  Were there additional issues that needed to be addressed after your Meeting of Creditors?  That can hold up the Discharge as well.  I would think that it would be better to have the Discharge in place before contacting potential landlords.  Maybe contacting your attorney for an update would be a good idea so that you know where you stand. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
carolina98
Contributor

Re: Need to move but not sure if I can - HELP!!

I don't think legally you're preventing from applying for an apartment.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.