Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative indicator

tag
Dianamarie1013
Valued Member

Negative indicator

I'm about 10 months post BK and I have been busy cleaning our reports. My question is..the little negative indicators myfico shows you, are they allowed to be on there? I know it will say included in BK with a 0 balance. But I just wanted to make sure if the flags meant I needed to dispute or simply that it was included.

Also wanted to ask about a store card we opened up 3 years ago. We paid on time and had a limit of 5k with a cosigner. It was 0 balance..but now its saying a negative indicator because it was included in bankruptcy? I'm thinking it is because I didn't save it? I did not think it would hurt my score if it was a 0 balance with not lates. Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: Negative indicator

As long as it says IIB/$0/CLOSED your fine.  I have negative indicators too, and 700+ scores.  Anything before the BK that has the right status is fine.  Anything that says "charge off" where the charge off was before the BK is also fine (and accurate).

See Step 1 of The Guide:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.