Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Member. New C7. What to expect?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Member. New C7. What to expect?

My apologies for the late response. I needed the weekend to think about some things.

So, the more I think about it....I've decided that the best thing to do - unless any of you feel otherwise - is to NOT reaffirm the loan, and just continue to pay as is.

And here's what made me reach that decision...

I received a letter from a marketing arm at McCluskey Chevrolet in Ohio, promising me that they could either refinance my loan, or approve me for a new vehicle. As GM is getting rid of sedans, they have nothing that would be of interest to me (as mentioned, I hate SUVs, and refuse to drive one. Just a thing.), so I inquired about re-financing. 

Something shady was definitely going on, as even with a 10% interest drop, my payments would have been exactly the same as they currently are now, give or take $5.00. 

They were also trying to get me to take a loan through a company called "Tidewater"; from the research I've done, they look to be worse than Bridgecrest. If that's possible. 

The other option, was to try and put me into a new Trax (see SUV comment above), at 16.99% financing, $0 down. at $530-something a month (over a 72 month term). Which would put me extremely upside down in a few years. 

As one might have surmised, I politely declined either offer. 

I'm assuming that I did the correct thing, but is there anything else that I may potentially missed? 

My other question is...should I decide to get a new car after the discharge - be it a week, a month, or a year after - will I have trouble getting a loan? There will be cash down, but I don't have - and refuse to seek - a cosigner. Never needed one before, and I'm not going down that path now. 

The person on the phone (I'm guessing he was in F&I), was dissuading me from using a secured credit card after my discharge to build up my credit, stating that it "would never help". 

Thanks again for all of your help!

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Member. New C7. What to expect?

The other thought...

Since the car is financed through Bridgecrest (I purchased it from Carvana) - would I be able to trade their car back to them, if I purchased another car through Carvana after the discharge? Would Bridgecrest even finance me again?

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.