Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New poster, old lurker ch7 filed 1/5

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New poster, old lurker ch7 filed 1/5

As in the title I am a new poster but long time lurker.  DH and I just filed ch7 on 1/5/22 so I will use this post to journal progress during and after.   We are both disabled vets, currently reside in AZ.  We are vastly over median filers and own our home here.  Our 341 is on 2/7 by telephone.  I know normally it should be no big deal but I am nervous since we are well above median AND our mortgage company filed a notice to appear which I assume means they will attend the meeting.  We aren't surrending anything & our exemptions covered everything

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MileHigh96
Frequent Contributor

Re: New poster, old lurker ch7 filed 1/5

Firstly, thank you for your service. 👍

Not sure why your mortgage lender wants to appear at the 341. Have you ever been late on the mortgage? If not, not sure I would be TOO worried about it. So long as you keep making your payments, I doubt they would do anything negative. I guess you could ask your lawyer what they think about it and if they have had mortgage lenders want to appear before like that with no real reason. But as long as your lawyer isn't worried about anything, then I wouldn't worry too much either.
BK7 discharged - 06JUL2021
Loans:

Revolving Accounts (in the order they were opened):

Closed accounts:
Message 2 of 4
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: New poster, old lurker ch7 filed 1/5

Hi, welcome and thank you both for your service.

Who did or are on your list of creditors that you are about to bankrupt?

Navy Federal credit union is one option. its cheap to open a savings account, i started with 15 bucks.

They are open to active military and vets with an honorable discharge, 

NFCU has a secured card you might start with after your bk dc.

The other credit union that favors vets is Penfed, they are cheap to join but dont have a secured card but they are fairly bk friendly, ymmv. I know if you are a vet you are automatically enrolled in honors advantage which with some of their cc's pumps your cash back rewards rate from 1.5 pct to 2 pct

anyway,, good luck with your future ventures

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New poster, old lurker ch7 filed 1/5e

NFCU is not an option, burned them 10 yrs ago in a chapter 13(dismissed).  I'm not yet too worried about rebuilding after as I have a pretty good plan for that I think & when that time arrives I will be posting here

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.