cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to this! Hope I'm doing this right! Lol.

tag
EquityinScoresNow22
New Contributor

New to this! Hope I'm doing this right! Lol.

Hello Everyone,

Just starting my journey today as the attorney finally got it filed after about 3 weeks. This is actually my 2nd journey. My first journey was in the early 2000's. That experience was HIGHLY stressful. It was more of a business bk since I was operating as a SP. This time around I'm super relaxed. Seeking to DC about %$60K in CC debt and $47K on a secured LOC. Spouse got caught up as a co-signer on a $50k loan with a relative who defaulted which trigger this whole thing! Combined we got NFCU for about $67K plus car loans for another $16k. We are reaffirming the cars with the hope they won't give us an issue with getting the title once they are paid off. We are burning PenFed for $15k. Got Amex debt for $4K and Commenity for $4K. We also have small ones like Ppal for $500, Discover $600. Really value my Ppal account so I'll make it right with them. Gonna miss NFCU! They did right by us for years. When I hit the big one I'll make it right with them! Wink wink!

PFed was decent as well. I'll consider making it right with them. Yes, I do feel bad but I'm just in the game, didn't make it. Had no intention of being here until spouse got burned. Anywho, we're looking toward a fresh start. Keeping things separate going forward to extent I can. Getting too close to retirement age to keep starting over. Basically ZERO saved for retirement at this stage. I'm realistic, probably be working until I drop. It's okay, just hope HE blesses me with good health. I'm looking forward to learning from you all and rooting for you all in your journey!

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: 0
Goal Score: 761

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

Re: New to this! Hope I'm doing this right! Lol.

Welcome, you found a great place to help you on your rebuild. Sucks burning NFCU and Penfed but still plenty of other great lenders out there for many things. I am coming up on almost 2 years from filing date and with this forum I have been able to get my fico 8's near 700 which is truly amazing. Now that you are filed I am sure that is some relief for you and your spouse.Wish you all the best!

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Fico 4 TU 690 Fico 5 702 Fico 2 693
Message 2 of 3
EquityinScoresNow22
New Contributor

Re: New to this! Hope I'm doing this right! Lol.

@Mjhall85 Thank you so much for the welcome! I feel so much better already. Lol. Smiley Happy I will be visiting this site frequently to figure out what I should be doing and should not be doing at each phase along the way. Since it was filed yesterday afternoon I'm waiting to see when the notice hits the creditors. We were actually delinquent on only 2 bills as it was filed. Anywho, thanks again and I look forward to interacting with you and the community often!

Blessings!

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: 0
Goal Score: 761

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.