Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Day Post BK Approval

tag
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Next Day Post BK Approval

Our BK was discharged on 09-16-19 at 5:00pm.  We went to the BMW dealership 17 hours later and was approved for 2 Cars.  Capital One Auto Fiance picked them up.  One in my name and one in my wife's name.  $14.4% on one and 14.9% on the other.  We were approved with the scores in the signature.  Also, they didn't even ask for the DC letter.  They just asked if it was DC and I said yes.

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Next Day Post BK Approval

Do you think if you might have waited a bit that you could have gotten a more favorable interest rate? Congratulations on your cars, I just wonder if the rate could have been lower with higher scores.
Message 2 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you think if you might have waited a bit that you could have gotten a more favorable interest rate? Congratulations on your cars, I just wonder if the rate could have been lower with higher scores.

You are correct. Many of us tried to have the OP be patient wait it out at least 30 days after DC for better scores for lower interest. But he was in a hurray to get back to his "lifestyle". Some take our advise and some dont. Its their life. Their choice.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Debt-Discharged-in-BK-Pay-For-Delete/td-p/5728481/page/2

Congrats OP. But this poster is correct.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You are correct. Many of us tried to have the OP be patient wait it out at least 30 days after DC for better scores for lower interest. But he was in a hurray to get back to his "lifestyle". Some take our advise and some dont. Its their life. Their choice.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Debt-Discharged-in-BK-Pay-For-Delete/td-p/5728481/page/2

Ohhhhhhhh okay, okay. I see now. Probably should have just waited it out longer. I know for me, even though my credit report continues to update daily as creditors are correcting entries and whatnot, that they'll be doing it long after my discharge. I'm going to give it at least 30 days...Maybe even 60. And even then, I'll be sifting through my reports to ensure that everything is reporting correctly. As you know, I'm not eager to hop back on the credit boat just yet. I just know it's essential to the rebuild so I'll be choosing wisely whenever I get to that point.

Message 4 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ohhhhhhhh okay, okay. I see now. Probably should have just waited it out longer. I know for me, even though my credit report continues to update daily as creditors are correcting entries and whatnot, that they'll be doing it long after my discharge. I'm going to give it at least 30 days...Maybe even 60. And even then, I'll be sifting through my reports to ensure that everything is reporting correctly. As you know, I'm not eager to hop back on the credit boat just yet. I just know it's essential to the rebuild so I'll be choosing wisely whenever I get to that point.

Not to hijack. But I waited 3 months. And my 1st card was the Cap1 Plat at 3k. I learned each move from here. Even that Plat. If I didnt know about this place. I could have been stuck in toy limits. I post from experience from learning all that I have on here. It will pay off your case too. Good Luck!

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kinda cars did you pick up ?

Message 6 of 21
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

2017 BMW 528i Certified and 2017 Audi A3
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m filling chapter 7 right now.
Did you have a down payment at all?
Message 8 of 21
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So what am I suppose to do?  Go without cars and wait 30 days?  We had no choice but to get cars right away when the DC happened.

Message 9 of 21
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was proactive during the BK and disputed the accounts that weren't reporting correctly and had them updated before the DC happened.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.