Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next credit card options?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next credit card options?

Apologies for any missing information, long time lurker and would love to get your opinions.
Ch7 discharged 8/2015, filed due to medical debt after being in a coma for a month from a hit and run on christmas. Burned cap1, chase, citi.
My credit ranges from 670-710 now, WF propel with a 10k limit, carecredit card with 5k limit, credit union card with 5k limit, barclay with an 8k limit. i have about 35k in student loans, no late payments and pay off in full each month.
i make about 135k as a contractor and travel often. I want an amex (any) or chase. What would be my next best option? All of my inquiries have dropped off and i am at 0 Hp now.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Next credit card options?

@Anonymous wrote:
Apologies for any missing information, long time lurker and would love to get your opinions.
Ch7 discharged 8/2015, filed due to medical debt after being in a coma for a month from a hit and run on christmas. Burned cap1, chase, citi.
My credit ranges from 670-710 now, WF propel with a 10k limit, carecredit card with 5k limit, credit union card with 5k limit, barclay with an 8k limit. i have about 35k in student loans, no late payments and pay off in full each month.
i make about 135k as a contractor and travel often. I want an amex (any) or chase. What would be my next best option? All of my inquiries have dropped off and i am at 0 Hp now.

Amex will not usually approve you until at least 5 years post BK, and Chase is unforgiving if you burned them. 

Wf propel is an amex so it is interesting you have even gotten this card, can you provide more data? When you were approved, scores at the time, starting limit etc..? 

If you have a specific reason for wanting these cards maybe we can help direct you more to what your next best option is. 

Cap1 has forgiven you by now they are very forgiving. 

Bank of America

Discover

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the amex earlier this year with a 8k SL with instant approval. A couple months ago i got a 3k credit increase. I think having an auto loan with WF helped. I asked another forum if having the propel would help with approval and responses were generally no and that amex is just the type of card but not one of their cards.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

forgot to add, i love traveling and travel a lot for work. A hotel and travel rewards card are my ideal goals, but i love cash back cards as well. I did prequalify for a few different cap 1 cards.
Message 4 of 6
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

U will not be geting a chase card until your Bk falls off !

The WF Propel Amex is not issued by Amex!

Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

We both have something in common. Your were DC'ed and I filed 08/2015. I got the Venture just over a year out. Your past the 1 year cooling off period after burning Cap1. Earn 50,000 bonus miles (10,000 more than when I got it) once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. Receive up to $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre check fee when you use your Venture card. Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase and redeem them on any hotel, airline or travel purchase with no blackout dates. Plus you can earn 10x back for booking with Hotels.com. Annual Fee: $0 intro for the first year, $95 after that. I got in early and my fee is $59 a year.

On the cash back side. I got the PP MC 6 months ago from Sync. Daily driver and it racks up nice. BB&T for 3% gas. Disco for their rotating catagories. Finish my 2nd Discover cash back match for over $700 4 months ago. We both have to wait until Oct 2020 for AMEX. Just throwing out there what may work for what you want. We're both kinda stuck on the big boys travel cards. Kiss Chase bye bye as long as BK is on your reports. Anyways. Others will chime in. And of course Welcome to the forums! Good Luck!

Side note. Always have 1 card report a balance of <8.99% and then PIF. You lose points if you PIF every card each month.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.