cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Synchrony Accounts in Bankruptcy - Help Please?

tag
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

No Synchrony Accounts in Bankruptcy - Help Please?

Hey all

I don't know why I never thought about this until last night, but I was recently discharged from a BK7 and none of my Synchrony accounts were included.

I had several, including Amazon, CareCredit, PayPal MC and the Marvel MC.

Totalling over $35k.

All 18 of the other accounts that I had are showing on my reports through MyFICO and CreditKarma and are reporting correctly.

Im freaking out a bit. I just don't understand why I never noticed this and why they never popped up during this entire process.

Can anyone offer me any insight?

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Slowlyrebuilding
Contributor

Re: No Closed Synchrony Accounts Showing on Reports

My charged off synchrony accounts are not on my credit report under synchrony but are listed under the debt buyer that bought them (Portfolio Recovery). Except for care credit that's not listed under synchrony or portfolio recovery. If you haven't paid them your accounts could have been sold and the buyer hasn't reported yet...

Message 1 of 7
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@Slowlyrebuilding wrote:

My charged off synchrony accounts are not on my credit report under synchrony but are listed under the debt buyer that bought them (Portfolio Recovery). Except for care credit that's not listed under synchrony or portfolio recovery. If you haven't paid them your accounts could have been sold and the buyer hasn't reported yet...

Well I just got discharged from a Bankruptcy and none of my Synchrony accounts are listed and are not under any other name. It's weird. 

Now I am kind of nervous that they might have a way of pulling those accounts back out since they seem not to have been included in my BK and I will be stuck with them for 7yrs.

Can anyone shed some more light on this for me? I'm starting to freak out a bit.

Message 2 of 7
kr43002
Frequent Contributor

my Synchrony/Paypal Credit account dropped from my credit report when I filed. Your order of Discharge means discharge from all Debts, if you were a non asset case then even if they were not listed on the bk, they should still be included as they have no claim to make, I learned this from when my attorney forgot to list an account, and I was freaking out because it didn't report as IIB and the dispute took like a month to update it. 

I believe, but am not 100% certain as I did not go down this route, that the unnotified debtor in an asset case could submit a claim and the bankrtupcy case would be re-opened to redistrubute funds or it would end in a dismissal. What I suggest doing is log into pacer, or create a pacer account. Look up your case and get your orignal petition. You should have access to it via PDF. IF they are not listed in the petition or are not listed on the 341 Recipeint list, than call your attorney.

BK CH7 1/21 DC 5/21
1+ Year Post BK
Credit Limit: 6000
EDC: QuickSilver 1 1.5% $39 AF
Oldest Account: Tire Card $500 0% APR 6 Months After purchase. 2018. (Survived Bankruptcy)
Message 4 of 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

I'm not sure what process Synchrony follows, but I wouldn't worry. They would be included, even if they weren't listed. Also, Synchrony was the lender who asked for special notice. They are well aware of filing and DC.

Message 5 of 7
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@kr43002 

@blindambition 

Thank you both for that so much!

I have been going nuts since late last night because I can't believe it never occurred to me not to see some of my biggest accounts listed in front of me when I check my reports daily.

@blindambition 

Extra special thanks for remembering that detail about Synchrony being the ones asking for special notice.

Whats weird to me is how when I check out on Amazon, my store card is still an option to use and I try to get info on the account but it always asks the card # and I don't know it, so I haven't tried moving forward.

Also, when I go to the Amazon Credit Card page, it doesn't even give me the option to apply as it says I have a card, so not even sure how I'd ever be able to even try getting a new card, unless at some point, down the line, the old account will just go away.

Thank you again to those who chimed in @Slowlyrebuilding @kr43002 and @blindambition .

It was such a WTH moment and how could I not have noticed this before. Was really freaking out, but am now calm again. 🤗

Message 6 of 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Total80sKid wrote:

@kr43002 

@blindambition 

Thank you both for that so much!

I have been going nuts since late last night because I can't believe it never occurred to me not to see some of my biggest accounts listed in front of me when I check my reports daily.

@blindambition 

Extra special thanks for remembering that detail about Synchrony being the ones asking for special notice.

Whats weird to me is how when I check out on Amazon, my store card is still an option to use and I try to get info on the account but it always asks the card # and I don't know it, so I haven't tried moving forward.

Also, when I go to the Amazon Credit Card page, it doesn't even give me the option to apply as it says I have a card, so not even sure how I'd ever be able to even try getting a new card, unless at some point, down the line, the old account will just go away.

Thank you again to those who chimed in @Slowlyrebuilding @kr43002 and @blindambition .

It was such a WTH moment and how could I not have noticed this before. Was really freaking out, but am now calm again. 🤗

I'm glad you're calm again. My anxiety is exacerbated by others anxiety, and we can't have that. 😂 🤗 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.