First, I am suppose to discharge tomorrow or 20th, but I don't have a good report.
1. My car was included in BK... Bittersweet I have not been contacted by CapitalOne Auto setup a pickup date, but I have not been able to get approved for new car either (app'd 3 times - declined due to BK). I even app'd with Prestige because I read on another thread they would approve even before discharge. I cannot be without a vehicle... I am terrified to not have a vehicle and be able to get to work. HELPPP!!!!
2. I have accounts that were included in BK not updating. I disputed w/ CRA and something have been fixed. I also had a collection come out of no where... One CRA removed, but disputing with others.
3. My credit scores have not changed much since 341 Meeting and that concerns me that they will not increase much after the discharge date
4. I app'd for Secure Credit with Navy and Capital One, both declined. Capital One had two cards included in BK 7 and NAVY never had any credit with them, but says its in review. If anyone has recon number would dearly appreciate it.
5. Any suggestions would be wonderful. I am feeling a little discouraged and need some good advice and/or solutions to fix these small fires before they burn up my plans of rebuilding.
THANKS for everyone on here helping everyone get their life back in tack as far the credit thing goes... It is a huge driving force and living comfortably.
Putting A Smile on my face is easier than being sad and down.
***NOTE: SCORES updated in signature***
Prestige financed me two weeks after I filed bk7. Maybe its different for a 13.
I hope the light starts shining bright sooner than later. I want to rebuild ... I am going to be patient. Everything is almost upodated on CRs just a few things needing update. I have my pacer account access. Once that DISCH comes I will start disputing things not updated. Hopefully, by July I will be in a better place.
Good news... Navy FCU approved me for secured card $1000 and I am officially discharged! I am ready to build
I hope my car situation turns around before they come and get my car.
Anyone know how long after discharge will CapitalOne make arrangements to get my car?
I got my NFCU Secured card $1000 Limit. I also applied and was approved for Credit One Platinum AF $75 Yikes, but its a start. In the next few weeks, or month... i will apply for Secured Loan with NFCU for $500 and get a Secured line with USAA or CapOne if they will let me.
Feedback: Capital One declined because included in BK and stated with declined due to BK
Texaco/Chevron declined said because BK
I kneed a good Auto Lender that will not kill me on interest rate. PLEASE, PLEASE... Any suggestions. I keep getting these mailers in the mail and I am tempted to go see them, but I am afraid it will be something ridiculous or scammish. Please HELP ME... any suggestions, expeirence, etc... is welcomed.
Hopeful New Builder
I didn't end up getting a good interest rate through CAP one but my plan is tough it out and make the payments on time for a awhile and refinance with my credit union. I have been making paying over $20 a month to help. I got frustrated at 1st but, had to realize it's called a restart for a reason.
Why didn't you reaffirm your car and keep it? Even if the terms were bad you at least had a car and could always later try to refinance or trade. You easiest option now might be one of the "buy here pay here" car dealers. But then your back to bad terms etc., hence my question.