Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC HSBC NV wont update to IIB now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OC HSBC NV wont update to IIB now what?

Filed BK 07/2008, discharged 10/2008, there is only two accounts (and that's all it takes Smiley Mad ) that will not update with CRA's. Apparently they are reporting to EX, this is the only CRA that includes inaccurate info. It is listed properly with EQ, and TU, but they will not update EX. I sent a dispute letter to the OC including the BK discharge paperwork, and a copy of the report showing incorrect info.

On EX it reads: Account transferred to another office, Subscriber reports dispute resolved - consumer disagrees. With this particular one I have sent a letter to HSBC requesting that they update the info based on the BK, their response letter reads as follows: "Thank you for your inquiry regarding the status of your Household Bank Account. This letter is confirmation that we are currently reporting your Account to the consumer-reporting agencies as follows: Account was sold. Please contact our recovery dept at 1-800388-5333 with any further questions. Our records indicate that the Account has a zero balance."

No kidding! That is why I am disputing this information. I will be calling them first thing in the morning and hopefully will start someones day off right. What can I do now? Should I send a letter with intent to sue, for not reporting accurately? I am not sure where to go from here. The account was opened in 2003, had issues stopped paying around 2005, filed BK on this account and many others in 2008. Was given the discharge in 10/2008, shouldn't they be reporting IIB?

The second account they have responded with a seperate letter: " reporting as follows, Account was charged off due to Petition for Bankruptcy Chapter 7 and was sold to ECAST. You may contact them at 1-800-273-9270 with any further questions."

Again No kidding! That is why I am disputing this. I had this second card and was using it up until the BK, as soon as they received the petition for BK they sold it to a collection agency. This should also be reported as IIB. Can I get some help with this? I am not sure how to proceed as they are not reporting any of this as IIB. When I originally called them to dispute this, the person told me that they could report it in ANYWAY they wanted, I said well isn't that defeating the purpose of a fresh start in BK? Then she gave me the address and info that was needed to update it. I thought that they were required to report accurately and I have proven to them that they are wrong and they CONFIRM what I told them in the dispute letter. Do I follow up with another letter? If so what the heck do I say now? I thought the OC was in the same category as CA that they have to report accurately.

Any help would be amazing, can anyone shed some light on this please, till then spinning my wheels.   Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BeatingtheSystem
Valued Member

Re: OC HSBC NV wont update to IIB now what?

I am dealing with the same issue as it relates to HSBC selling my accounts to another lender.  I would like to know what actions can be taken as well.  This is extremely frustrating!
11/3/17: EQ-542, TU-516, EX-532
9/10/17: EQ-539, TU-512, EX-553
8/23/17: EQ-587, TU-565, EX-580
Message 2 of 5
credit911
Contributor

Wow, that's crazy. Who would buy a discharged debt that is not collectible?
Message Edited by credit911 on 11-14-2009 11:35 PM
Message 3 of 5
IOBA
Senior Contributor

What is the update on this?  Any success in getting the collections and the correct reporting done?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No luck with the BBB of Chicago. I launched a complaint to everyone and they all have responded stating that they are within the law. Don't have a clue where to go now. . .

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.