Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC REFUSE TO REPORT CLOSE DATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OC REFUSE TO REPORT CLOSE DATE

I have a account that was IIB with Philadelphia Federal Credit Union. I have been trying to get a close date reported on my trans and equifax report. I disputed with CRA and OC via CMRR. The OC called me and stated that because I filed bankruptcy there is no close date and technically the account is still open. Things started getting a llittle heated so I hung up. CRA states verified and no change. I also thought that the account balance is suppose to be $0 and not left blank but still can't get that corrected neither. Could someone tell me what to do next?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OC REFUSE TO REPORT CLOSE DATE

Personally, I wouldn't sweat a BK account not showing a specific 'closed' dated. Quite a few of mine don't have a specific closed date and no FICO score analysis is indicating any problem due to that. Now, if a reported 'closed' date is AFTER your the date BK was filed, that could adversely affect your credit score.

Check if the account in question is considered closed on your credit reports from here at MyFICO under the 'Accounts' heading. Also, make sure no post-BK lates are reported. 

As for the balance on a BK account being reported as "0" vs. "Not Reported," there has been some debate here if it matters in the scoring formula. I'm of the mind that it doesn't matter, as long as there is no past due amount showing.

I've found the most hurtful things once an account is in 'BK' status are...

1.  to have post-BK payments reported on an account you are still paying. (A mortgage in my case.) 

2. to have "Bankruptcy" in the comment line of an account. Without the "Bankruptcy" comment, a 'BK' status account is neutral. With the "Bankruptcy" comment, the account is a negative. CRAs often add this comment when they get their mitts on your BK papers.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.