cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG HELP! Discharged and score down 39 points!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG HELP! Discharged and score down 39 points!!

Looks like Equifax added an additional degrog comment about Chapter 13- Discharged- instead of just updating the existing Chapter 13 comment- now it looks like I've filed 13 twice???? Why is this happening- I was so happy I was finally discharged now this! What should I do?????
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG HELP! Discharged and score down 39 points!!

Do you mean EQ is showing 2 public records?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

ok, so we need a little more clarification. Do you show TWO separate public records, for example....TWO BK13's?

or did they just update your current BK 13 to a Discharged status, because you are officially discharged now?

If its the later, then its reporting correctly...Whenever a BK is "discharged", it will reflect that on the PR. You actually want to see that, and so do creditors for that matter. That means your BK is final...done.

also to add...where did you get your information from? I doubt your true FICO score dropped if the CRA updated to "discharged", usually the opposite happens. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a new separate comment- it's identical to the first (chapter-13 filed ---) but this is a second comment and the new one has the discharge date. This was showing up on my credit karma account for Equifax
Message 4 of 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Where is this second comment showing up? Comments are listed on tradelines. Do you have a tradeline that has 2 comment's?

Credit Karma can be weird sometimes about what it shows. Their score's aren't really meaningful because creditor's typically use FICO scores.

If it's showing 2 bankruptcies under the public record section, just call Equifax and ask if that's actually what they're showing. If it is, dispute it as a duplicate.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do! It's showing up as a second public record
Message 6 of 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Update us on what happens. Good luck!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 7 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Will do! It's showing up as a second public record

Pull a true report and let us know how it is showing. Credit Karma is just wonky sometimes

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.