Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining Credit Reports Post Chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Obtaining Credit Reports Post Chapter 7

I've read a few threads stating to request your credit reports post bk to make sure the creditors are reporting your debts correctly. I've already obtained my free report this year via Annualcreditreport.com. Will I be able to obtain them again via annualcreditreport.com once my case is discharged or will I have to request them through another provider? If so, who do you recommend? Thanks! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Obtaining Credit Reports Post Chapter 7

That's only good for one time free pop thanks to the government. You can try Credit Check Total. I've used them before. They have a $1 fee for 7 day trial then I think it's $30 a month. If you call them though before the 7 day's end they'll try to keep your business by lowering the fee to $15.00 a month. At the time I didn't need it so I just told them nice try and unsubscribe me, however i'll be re joining them here next month for my husband and I since we filed CH 7 I wanted to get on it early to make sure stuff was reporting correctly. I'll do my own trick of calling to get them to lower it as well Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's only good for one time free pop thanks to the government. You can try Credit Check Total. I've used them before. They have a $1 fee for 7 day trial then I think it's $30 a month. If you call them though before the 7 day's end they'll try to keep your business by lowering the fee to $15.00 a month. At the time I didn't need it so I just told them nice try and unsubscribe me, however i'll be re joining them here next month for my husband and I since we filed CH 7 I wanted to get on it early to make sure stuff was reporting correctly. I'll do my own trick of calling to get them to lower it as well Smiley Wink

Thanks! I knew about the once a year limit with annualcredit but I didn't know if there was an exception if you recently filed bankruptcy. I saw many stating to obtain your credit reports so I just wanted to know. I've also used Credit Check Total before and cancelled just as you did Smiley Happy I may use them again- I just wonder are the scores providied by them are accurate. Anyone?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, their scores are real FICO scores (FICO 08, I believe)

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, their scores are real FICO scores (FICO 08, I believe)

Thanks for responding, but I'm new to this- what does FICO 08 mean? 

Message 5 of 10
Scupra
Super Contributor

FICO has many different score versions. The lender is who chooses which model they want to make lending decisions on. FICO 08 is very popular currently for credit cards.
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 10
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Does it have to be for free, you can request again from annual credit report and pay for the reports is an option right?

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 8 of 10
LB216
Established Member

I was in the same boat as you are. If you go to each credit bureau website individually and select DISPUTE, it'll automatically show you your credit report, and you'll be able to dispute any wrong information and also print your reports. Hope this helps
Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 581
Goal Score: 675

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
Scupra
Super Contributor

@LB216 wrote:
I was in the same boat as you are. If you go to each credit bureau website individually and select DISPUTE, it'll automatically show you your credit report, and you'll be able to dispute any wrong information and also print your reports. Hope this helps

Don't do this unless you are actually disputing something though. The CRA's will lock you out of online disputes, and that is no fun!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.