Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Officially filed chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Officially filed chapter 7

It's officially filed, I just got an email from my lawyer saying that he filed my chapter 7 bankruptcy today and I will have a Phone court hearing on June 30th.

What's a good credit monitoring side you guys would recommend?I don't mind subscribing to one either.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

Re: Officially filed chapter 7

Congrats on filing and the MOC will be here in no time and gone. Myfico is a good one, you can also join experian for the free trial and it pulls all 3 as well as give you other scores like auto,mortgage and credit card fico scores.Personally I wouldn't pay until near discharge as your credit report will be kinda crazy for awhile.

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Fico 4 TU 690 Fico 5 702 Fico 2 693
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's officially filed, I just got an email from my lawyer saying that he filed my chapter 7 bankruptcy today and I will have a Phone court hearing on June 30th.

What's a good credit monitoring side you guys would recommend?I don't mind subscribing to one either.

As it turns out, you're currently on the most comprehensive credit monitoring and reporting site there is.

Free ones:

Credit Karma (covers TransUnion/Equifax)

Experian (direct and free coverage)

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the Pacer worth signing up for?

Just curious because I saw they charge  people money

Message 4 of 10
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the Pacer worth signing up for?

Just curious because I saw they charge  people money

They do, but you have to view alot of pages before your get to that point. So unless you are literally viewing every page everyday, you wont get near it. 

Edit: Do a general preview to ensure a quick accuracy but after that, no need to be a PACER squatter. If something arises that you need to know about, your atty will tell you. You will get stressed out trying to watch it. Wait until after your 341 to see when it updates. After that maybe to check the count down to see where you are sitting and the approx date of discharge. When it gets time to discharge, there will be a good chance it wont be on "that" day. Some do get it on that day, mine was about 6 days later. Between the pandemic and just basic office business, be patient when it comes to that time. Until then, we await for your discharge to congrats you and then help you rebuild.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 5 of 10
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Forgot. For the best rebuild advice, that is here. Make sure you get your FICOs which can be done here. Experian has a $1 trail period. You can also use Disco's site but it lags about 30 days behind. Credit Karma is good for monitoring account activity as it updates weekly. For now, I would almost say don't bother. As the BK hits your reports, it will be a rollercoaster with mainly alot of downwards. Then once discharge hits, wait about 30-45 days to make sure the discharge hits your reports and included accounts show IIB and $0. 

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 6 of 10
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Best of luck.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it usually take for your credit report to start changing?

Message 8 of 10
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

I filed on a Fri morning by Monday my alerts exploded and continued to do so all week.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 9 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) is an electronic public access service that costs $0.10 per page. PACER allows users to obtain case and docket information from federal appellate, district, and bankruptcy courts. The cost to access a single document is capped at $3, the equivalent of 30 pages. I got all my documents in a binder of each page from my case and never paid.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.