Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old missed payment remarks on experian

tag
NC84
Regular Contributor

Old missed payment remarks on experian

When my my bankruptcy discharged early 2015 my Transunion and Equafax were clean but I recently found out on my experian I have 4 late payments on discharged accounts showing from before bankruptcy. Is this how it works or should I contact them? thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Re: Old missed payment remarks on experian

Any lates before the filing date can remain

however in my experience it all goes away with IIB/0 bal....    you can dispute something that may show inaccurate... perhaps it will update to only show IIB/0 and delete the lates   worth a shot

Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Question is. Where the lates on the report before the file date. If so they wont go anywhere. I see so many quit paying monthly payments before the file date and then they have to live with them. If they are 30 day lates. After 2 yrs they mean very little and a small score bump will come.

Message 3 of 5
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

All of my late payments were deleted once they changed to IIB/O

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You may have been a lucky one MDC. Credit reports is a history of your accounts and payments. Although accounts included in your bankruptcy will no longer show a balance owed, they will continue to show the history of the account, including any late payments made prior to the bankruptcy.

Any late payment history will be deleted seven years from the original delinquency date, which is the date the account first became late and after which was never again current.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.