Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old student loans showing as included in bankruptcy

tag
canurse

Old student loans showing as included in bankruptcy

Hello all,

I filed a chapter 13 in May 2012.  I had 6 student loans at the time.  The loan payments were never late and I did not include the loans in the bankruptcy as I know they can't be discharged in bankruptcy.  The chapter 13 was dismissed a few months later (per my request) because I finally got a loan mod and the filing was to save my home.  The student loans stated "included in bankruptcy" even though they were never included on my schedules. They are not listed anywhere in my paperwork.  I'm guessing they got the information from the CRAs.  I have been unsuccessfully trying to get this notation removed from the accounts for about 2 years now.  Two of the accounts were transferred to another servicer recently.  The new servicer does not have any notation of IIB.  I just sent another round of disputes off and so far one of the CRAs verified the accounts and the information updated to "included/discharged in bankruptcy/never late".   The removal date was also moved out to 5/2019. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I have found several mistakes regarding my bankruptcy filing on all 3 credit reports so I want to get this corrected before I try my hand at disputing the bankruptcy off. This has been so frustrating as I didn't include the loans in the bankruptcy and I have been paying on these loans faithfully for almost 10 years now.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.